Vaccine required to get off ship in Grand Turk???

missholly24

Apparently Royal is stopping in Grand Turk next week, and the Royal website only mentions restrictions for Columbia. 
And to clarify - what health info goes on the sea pass - what you answer on online early check in? Or what you answer at embarkation day of cruise beginning?

21 hours ago, monroej said:

Anyone know if this affects children? I know Carnival's website says cruisers 17 and up, I just don't want to run into an issue with my 5 & 3 y/o for our cruise in April

The Latest I've seen from Turks Caicos.

Updated entry requirements for the Turks and Caicos Islands (gov.tc)

Your children are exempt.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We will be in Grand Turk in a week.  I just saw that you have to be vaccinated to get off the ship.  2 people in our party are not vaccinated.  I have a tour booked and want to know how they check this information.  I do not want to have anyone stopped from getting off and then get charged for the excursion.

On 10/11/2022 at 12:08 PM, missholly24 said:

Hello!!

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of disembarking without the vaccine???

The actual Turks and Caicos government website says "Anyone over 18 must be fully vaccinated to visit"

Holland told me directly you do not need it "according to their records" and also a travel agent emailed 

me "The vaccine requirement was dropped". So confusing. Thank you!

Have you gone on your cruise since posting?  I am wondering what happened and if you needed to be vaccinated to get off ship.   Thank you

When we were there in January, the information was part of the data on our Carnival S&S card, from the health information filled out.  We are vaccinated and boosted, but I understand if that information is NOT on your ship id, the ship won't let you off.

If your tour is book via private vendor contact them.  If a ship excursion, go to guest services once on board and double check. You should be able to cancel if they say you can't get off.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

When we were there in January, the information was part of the data on our Carnival S&S card, from the health information filled out.  We are vaccinated and boosted, but I understand if that information is NOT on your ship id, the ship won't let you off.

If your tour is book via private vendor contact them.  If a ship excursion, go to guest services once on board and double check. You should be able to cancel if they say you can't get off.

I contacted viator last night and was told by their agent that we did not need a vaccination.  Then I told them what it says online under Grand Turk and that it says you must be vaccinated.  She had me hold and then said let me look further into this and someone will contact you (today).  No one did.  I went on Princess website and plugged in my cruise and it said vaccinations are recommended but not needed.  So much confusing info so I decided to cancel the Viator tour.  

19 hours ago, CUontheC said:

Have you gone on your cruise since posting?  I am wondering what happened and if you needed to be vaccinated to get off ship.   Thank you

Hi! I have not. I wont book that port until they lift it. My friend went with HAL recently and they did not ask for proof. Her family was fine despite not being vaxxed. Ive read on forums that Carnival does check. So it seems like it depends on who you get. It is an actual Grand Turk government rule though. Not cruise line. Happy cruising!! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, missholly24 said:

Hi! I have not. I wont book that port until they lift it. My friend went with HAL recently and they did not ask for proof. Her family was fine despite not being vaxxed. Ive read on forums that Carnival does check. So it seems like it depends on who you get. It is an actual Grand Turk government rule though. Not cruise line. Happy cruising!! 

I wish I had known.  But I read on other forums that people are getting off who are not vaccinated.  Sure is silly as they let a person who was vaccinated in 2020, and never had another shot or booster, on Grand Turk but they won't let a non vaxxed person on. Had I known this I would not have booked it.  But I will just stay on the ship since I have been there before.  My husband and I can enjoy a massage, the pool and lunch without a ton of people. Thanks for your reply.  Have a wonderful day!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 5:23 AM, Derbie said:

I just got off the HAL Statendam yesterday.  I can tell you that I was not allowed off the ship. I received a letter in the room that stated I was not allowed to leave the ship, since I was not vaccinated.  I stayed onboard, and my husband went over alone. I had been there before, so it was not a disappointment for me.  Just wanted to share the information.

• Like 1

I had my cruise in Dec-Jan and I was not allowed to get off the ship in Grand Turk. I had a spa day instead. The pre-cruise questionnaire that you have to fill out has health screening questions, so if you answer that you are not vaccinated and do not provide a vax cert then you will get a letter delivered prior to arriving at port informing you that you must stay on board. I enjoyed the colorful water from the spa and was actually glad to have stayed on the ship. The other ports of call were wonderful and welcoming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kourtmeyers said:

How did they know you were not vaccinated? 

They asked as I entered the ship, and I told the truth.  My husband advised he had been vaccinated, but they never asked him for any paperwork.  

• Like 1