Elite Question Regarding Disembarkation

bbunch04

My husband and I are elite and are traveling with family members who are platinum.  Question:  When we disembark in Cabo, will they be able to join us on the elite priority shuttle?  We are not on a Princess tour but do have excursions scheduled.

Thanks in Advance!

KB

You are not on a Princess excursion so will be leaving the ship independently.   Only Elite tier get the priority shuttle. When your friends try to get off and they scan  their medallion it will reveal they are Platinum and not entitled to board the shuttle. 

Passengers wishing to go ashore meet in the designated location, usually a DR, to receive their tender tickets. Groups wishing to go ashore together all have to be there to get the tender tickets and board the same tender. One person is not permitted to collect tickets for members of their group that are not there. I have seen elites handled two different ways. a) they go to the DR and are placed into a special line for the next shuttle. b) They have a separate location where the staff member releases them to the pontoon as shuttles become available.

I have seen family members that were allowed to go with their elite family members and I have seen that request rejected. I would plan on the latter.

At some point in the morning tender tickets are no longer required and passengers just go directly to the pontoon.

I am pretty certain that on occasions the tender tickets were in the cabin on embarkation together with excursion tickets.  In the past I have got on as an Elite passenger with my daughter who would not have been Elite at the time due to being under eighteen.  I believe that unless your family members were children they would not have an entitlement.  Assuming they have a station where the passes are issed, and you wanted to blag it you could split up as a couple and pair up with the family members with the Elites asking for the shuttle passes separately.  It is a bit naughty.

Regards John

• Haha 1