Santiago Chile Sheridan Hotel // Questions

Harley0711

Looking for someone who has stayed there in the past year and can give an aprox taxi cost from airport and what was the breakfast costs.  I have tried calling the Hotel and can not get the call through.  Princess has a Pre Stay, however, the cost is $468pp for a 2 day stay - it does include transfers but I just booked the Same Hotel through Expedia for $318 for 2 days, I get my own transfer - I can go back to the airport and get Princess at $69pp.  

So, any advice

3 hours ago, Harley0711 said:

Looking for someone who has stayed there in the past year and can give an approx taxi cost from airport and what was the breakfast costs.  I have tried calling the Hotel and can not get the call through.  Princess has a Pre Stay, however, the cost is $468pp for a 2 day stay - it does include transfers but I just booked the Same Hotel through Expedia for $318 for 2 days, I get my own transfer - I can go back to the airport and get Princess at $69pp.  

So, any advice

Cruise Critic has port forums for all over the world and this is best posed there.  You might also find other posts on the hotel in question.

11 hours ago, Harley0711 said:

Thank you.   Just thought someone here may have already "invented the Wheel" so to speak

I went by the Sheraton on the HOHO bus- it is located off the highway. 

I stayed at Hotel Plaza San Francisco- rate much less, location much better.

tok taxi to/ from airport- can’t remember fare.  Hotel will get a taxi for you.

be careful- one driver tried to make us get out on the highways.  We did not!

and in Santiago & Buenos Aires pick pockets, purse snatchers are at work.

I have stayed at the Sheraton when I sailed on the Zaandam and thought the hotel was a very pleasant place to stay.  Good restaurants, good, friendly service, a nice pool area, and very comfortable room.  It was part of the pre-cruise hotel and transfer package which included transfer from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port.  Given the chaotic conditions at the Santiago airport, I was very glad to have some HAL ground personnel to assist me and help with the luggage and get me to the transfer mini-bus.