Embarkation Day questions for Port Everglades - 1st Timer

LMaxwell

Will be embarking at Port Everglades in a few weeks for our first HAL cruise; some questions. 

What time does embarkation begin? I see my travel doc says to embark at 2:20PM. We also received a notice that the ship will sail earlier than on the published itinerary (3pm) and to be onboard at least an hour before.  Typically used to boarding all other ships Noon-1pm.  Advice? 

A member of our party driving in to meet us is a disabled vet - is there a particular garage or place for them to park by the HAL pier? Or is there a shuttle from onsite parking to the ship? 

Are we typically able to access rooms or leave carry on luggage in rooms at time of embarkation? 

Anything else I should know once we finalize our check in docs or to look out for at the terminal? 

I'll be there no later than 11:30am, that's about the time the rooms will be ready. When you get your room key, your room is ready. Parking is across the street from terminal. Finalize your docs and make sure you have all id's etc.with you.

5 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

Yes, that's correct, you want to be there when the action starts, also checking in procedures can be slow.

Thanks - We will aim for a noon arrival so that the initial "push" has time to settle and we can coordinate parking/meeting up arrangements.  hopefully onboard by 1pm.  

1 minute ago, Naismith said:

Speaking of Embarkation Day, can anyone explain the current Muster Drill procedures?  

(I will be on N Amsterdam if they vary by ship or class)

Watch the  Safety video on the stateroom tv.  (other programming is not available until the safety video has been viewed).

Visit your Muster Station (details on your key card and on the notice inside your stateroom door).  Depending on the ship the muster station may be inside (Pinnacle class) or outside (other classes).

Finally listen to the Captain's briefing over the PA, just before sailaway.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

Watch the  Safety video on the stateroom tv.  (other programming is not available until the safety video has been viewed).

Visit your Muster Station (details on your key card and on the notice inside your stateroom door).  Depending on the ship the muster station may be inside (Pinnacle class) or outside (other classes).

Finally listen to the Captain's briefing over the PA, just before sailaway.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the cogent explanation.

4 minutes ago, Naismith said:

Thanks for the cogent explanation.

You are welcome!

I should have added that the visit to the Muster Station is just a visit.  No standing around etc.  Bring your keycard as it will be 'swiped' by the crew member at the muster station.

• Like 1

My advice is different.  If you are not used to Florida heat I would not arrive too early as you may be required to stand in line outside.  I heard many, many complaints last time from people who were bothered by heat.  To avoid this don’t arrive until after 12:30.  If the heat does not bother  you arrive as early as you want as you may be able to waltz right in.