Pre-Cruise ... Cancel Drink Package?

Vinnyv20032003

Hi everyone, we have a cruise coming up in December. We had gone ahead and purchased the Classic Beverage Package well in advance. For reasons I'd like to not discuss, I am hoping to cancel and be refunded for the beverage packages. As we are hoping to limit our drinking throughout our holiday.

Does Celebrity allow us to cancel our drink package, pre-cruise? And would we be due a full refund? Thank you

Edited by Vinnyv20032003

• Vinnyv20032003 changed the title to Pre-Cruise ... Cancel Drink Package?

Yes you can quickly cancel it by going into CruisePlanner and Click Top Right Initial's and look Select  Order History.   From the list find you Drink Package Order an select - Details.    From there just choose Cancel.    It will be refunded to your Original form of payment (or credit) if before about 5 days prior to cruise.    If you cancel after the deadline or the on the ship it will be refunded to either you NR OBC or as a Refundable if charged to a credit card.

I recently requested to remove the drink package from our booking but was refused.  Celebrity claims that they cannot refund me for the drink package as I bought it as a package "wifi/drink package".    They refuse to hear us out, saying basically "too bad, so sad".  Not impressed.  I no longer drink alcohol and they are benefiting from the higher rate I paid with no compensation.  Very disappointed.  

16 minutes ago, FemmeVoyage said:

I recently requested to remove the drink package from our booking but was refused.  Celebrity claims that they cannot refund me for the drink package as I bought it as a package "wifi/drink package".    They refuse to hear us out, saying basically "too bad, so sad".  Not impressed.  I no longer drink alcohol and they are benefiting from the higher rate I paid with no compensation.  Very disappointed.  

Did you book with Always Included?  Always Included is part of the basic cruise fare and includes WIFI, gratuities, and the drink package.  Always Included is not a separate drink package.

• Like 1

I do believe it was the always included.  I booked it in January of this year.  However, if I had not booked the "always included" my fare would have been less expensive.  It just does not make sense to me to have to pay more when I won't be using the "always included" package.  The fact remains I paid more for that package and will not be able to use it due to unforseen circumstances.  May be Ill just give out drinks then, so it doesnt go to waste🤣 

Edited by FemmeVoyage

5 minutes ago, FemmeVoyage said:

I do believe it was the always included.  I booked it in January of this year.  However, if I had not booked the "always included" my fare would have been less expensive.  It just does not make sense to me to have to pay more when I won't be using the "always included" package.  The fact remains I paid more for that package and will not be able to use it due to unforseen circumstances.  May be Ill just give out drinks then, so it doesnt go to waste🤣 

That package also includes, bottled water, canned soda, specialty coffees at the Cafe, virgin drinks by the pool and other bars..it's not just alcohol.  

IF these are of no value to you, and if you are not past final payment, you can cancel and rebook at a lower rate, assuming one is available.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

17 hours ago, FemmeVoyage said:

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I would believe that you booked an All Inclusive Package when you booked and are now after final payment date.   In this scenario you can not go back and cancel the All Inclusive after final payment.   

If you had made this decision prior to final payment they would be willing to re-book without penalty unless you had a non-refundable fare.  If they refused you could cancel  for a full refund if refundable fare and possibly pay the $100 pp non-refundable deposit for making a change.

• Like 1

If you add up the items: gratuities, WIFI. non-alcoholic drink package (which as previously stated includes coffee drinks, tea drinks, juices, soda, bottled water) then the price of Always Included it is not much different than the price of the cruise only fare (assuming cruise-only was available when you booked) plus the 3 additions.

Asking to remove the alcohol from the cruise is like saying I won't go to any of the shows on the cruise and asking for a refund for the shows you won't go to.