Black friday

bluetardis

Princess never puts anything on sale.  They just re-arrange the sales pitch, just as you might experience at a car dealership.  They're gambling on a gullible marketplace.  But of late, they seem to be focusing on an even more gullible marketplace; the generation following the demographic that was their primary focus.  i.e. they think your kids are even more susceptible than you are.  Bear in mind, as we express our farewells to the Greatest generation, the Boomer generation has to step up to the plate and protect our issue. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yes, 'Sales' will be shifted around and come and go.

No real Black Friday deals.

It is a matter of which promotion benefits you the most.

Drink/Plus package,  Third and fourth passenger free, Onboard Credit....

You can refare to get some new Promos before Final Payment.   

Technically I believe the current Love Boat Sale is 'new bookings only to get the additional $100. OBC'.  If they require you to totally cancel the old booking and re-book, then you would loose any perks that were associated with your old booking.

That is when you get out the old calculator and do the numbers.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

PS:   Just in case this is something you aren't aware of...  The best way to get a drink package is to book with the PLUS package, where you get Plus drink package, Gratuities, WIFI, for a flat rate of $50. per day pp.

Correct, I wonder why they even keep the old Drink Package. It of course can be bought by one passenger whereas Plus must be bought by both. I wondered if just one Drink Package might make sense, but even then, both passengers would pay Gratuities and so Drink and 2*Gratuities is surely more than 2*Plus.

I've found that I can add princess plus or princess premier after booking.

There are some really cheap cruises right now, without PP, but the price becomes much more if I add PP during the booking.  I frequently travel solo and it wants to add the PP for 2 people.  

So I book base fare, then pay for the PP from my account page.  Works for me!

• Like 3

On 10/16/2022 at 12:13 PM, Wishing on a star said:

Is there any chance that Princess would have discounted PCL gift cards on Black Friday?

10% off seems to be the best discount out there lately.

Always a chance. I have bought gift cards from Princess before... i think I purchased $500 and got a $50 bonus card. So still 10%

On 10/13/2022 at 8:47 AM, Tedferg said:

Correct, I wonder why they even keep the old Drink Package. It of course can be bought by one passenger whereas Plus must be bought by both.

I thought the drink package had to be bought for both passengers?  Has that changed, or am I remembering false information all these years?

On 10/13/2022 at 8:47 AM, Tedferg said:

Correct, I wonder why they even keep the old Drink Package. 

More than likely they keep it around to show you how much of a "deal" your getting with the full Princess Plus/Premier package.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, julie3fan said:

I thought the drink package had to be bought for both passengers?  Has that changed, or am I remembering false information all these years?

No, the old PBP could be bought individually. Hence all the threads about 'Sharing'.

• Thanks 1