Does PG supply snorkeling gear?

BoatingBuddy70

We leave next Tuesday and I’m starting to pack. It’s our first PG cruise(10/29)  and I’m seeing conflicting info on access to snorkeling gear onboard.  Is it available for our use, or do we need to bring our own? If we bring our own masks/snorkels, are fins available? We’re trying minimize how much we bring since we need to deal with luggage weight restrictions on the flight to Rangiroa pre-cruise.

Thanks for any info- we really appreciate all the insights and suggestions from this forum!

3 hours ago, BoatingBuddy70 said:

We leave next Tuesday and I’m starting to pack. It’s our first PG cruise(10/29)  and I’m seeing conflicting info on access to snorkeling gear onboard.  Is it available for our use, or do we need to bring our own? If we bring our own masks/snorkels, are fins available? We’re trying minimize how much we bring since we need to deal with luggage weight restrictions on the flight to Rangiroa pre-cruise.

Thanks for any info- we really appreciate all the insights and suggestions from this forum!

The answer is usually yes. On the last 2 PG cruises we did this year it was 'yes'. However, last year was a bit different because of covid. So  ... the answer today is likely yes ... we are on the same cruise as you and we will bring our own snorkel and mask but get fins from the ship. See you on-board.

You’re both on the 10/19 cruise?  Can you tell me what tour you’re doing on Fakarava, if any?  I want both the Blue Lagoon and coral head snorkeling. The boat offers either/or so I was trying to work out a trip with Ato Alissa t. Unfortunately, I’m worried he won’t have enough people for the tour so we’re looking at our options. 

17 hours ago, elmaexec said:

You’re both on the 10/19 cruise?  Can you tell me what tour you’re doing on Fakarava, if any?  I want both the Blue Lagoon and coral head snorkeling. The boat offers either/or so I was trying to work out a trip with Ato Alissa t. Unfortunately, I’m worried he won’t have enough people for the tour so we’re looking at our options. 

We are both on the 10/29 cruise. 

Personally I always bring my own mask/snorkel whenever I go anywhere that involves diving or snorkeling. It's always best to have a high-quality mask that you know fits you well, as leaks can be so annoying. Plus, the idea of putting something in my mouth that has been in so many other mouths kinda grosses me out, despite how clean they keep their equipment.

That said, while It's been a few years since I've been on the PG, I do recall that their gear is high quality. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, boating_buddy said:

Thanks to all for the replies.  We head out Tuesday, first to Rangiroa for 5 nights at the Kia Ora, then Moorea for 5 nights at the Sofitel, and finally, the piece de resistance - our PG cruise on 10/29.

Soooo looking forward to it!

The beautiful Kia Ora ... taken last July ... see you on-board

IMG_E1093.JPG

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

7 hours ago, boating_buddy said:

Looks like a beautiful place. Yes, looking forward to seeing you on board. Just tried to send a private message, and it said that was disabled. 

Not disabled in the sense of temporary – Cruise Critic has never allowed private messaging (to protect the privacy of our members).