ReneeFLL’s Semi-Live Review B2B Ovation TP & NZ Oct 9th - Nov 9th

ReneeFLL

39 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks, definitely more to come. So many to weed thru and trying to decide which to post. I don't want to bore people with a million pictures, at least I'm going to try not to.

Beautiful pictures, Renee!  You won't be boring anyone with your pictures.  Promise!

• Like 11

2 hours ago, perfect match said:

The more pictures you post the better! I will definitely not be bored! Longing to be there with you, yes! Bored, not at all!

Those few you just posted are absolutely beautiful! Thank you! 

Thanks, glad you like them.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks, definitely more to come. So many to weed thru and trying to decide which to post. I don't want to bore people with a million pictures, at least I'm going to try not to.

All the other "lives" are comng to an end. It's all on you now to take us to sea.😊

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

After arriving in Moorea it was time for the tender ride to the island. We were told we needed tickets for the tender and they would start handing them out at 7:30. They said everyone had to be there in order to get the tickets. In other words, Mike couldn't get the tickets while I continued to sleep in some. 😁 😴  We didn't know how bad the line was going to be so we were downstairs by 7:15. We had to meet Miti Tours at 8:45. When we got to Two70° there wasn't anyone there. A passenger told us we didn't need to get a ticket if we wanted to get off now. We got on the tender right away with no waiting. 

We went and looked around at the tables selling stuff. Lots of Tahitian pearls and shell jewelry. The pearls aren't tbe best quality, but if you want black pearls this would be the place to get some. They also had shell jewelry. We couldn't find anything that interested us so we didn’t buy anything. We went to a lecture on Moorea and she said they would only take Pacfic Francs aka XPF. This isn't true. They accepted USD last time we were there and it was no different this time. They also take Euros, but they won't take coins as far as I know. They were also giving back change in the currency you paid with.

20221015_062321.thumb.jpg.2f4be2ac7f0a139f2e5ba00d94f7649b.jpg

20221015_075914.thumb.jpg.9c014525c2c78c4e5fefd419be714db3.jpg

Love the haliconia.

20221015_075939.thumb.jpg.62649e35f2f9ab1a7b41256d6963ff52.jpg

People were very friendly and not pushy salespeople.

20221015_080052.thumb.jpg.a3d488f194760b23f46952cba32b2260.jpg

I liked the big one and it would be pretty to wear with a tropical clothes, but I already have shell jewelry.

20221015_080113.thumb.jpg.7c3af8daf1f7437f556af4a39d60b2ce.jpg

20221015_080302.thumb.jpg.d18820c772e36fe7b39dd4dbfcc304a3.jpg

20221015_080549.thumb.jpg.3e09ea4cd7d2bc367a1a4afe570b7a22.jpg

20221015_080657.thumb.jpg.bac7de7555882d4a9e2077a2f3fd4119.jpg

20221015_081036.thumb.jpg.58c86b535fed681fc5140b842fab5c6f.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

In Moorea we did a snorkeling trip with lunch with Miti Tours. We had fun, but I wasn't impressed. This was their description. "Go snorkeling and admire amazing fish and coral reefs. A delicious barbecue lunch is served on the motu (islet), with your feet in the water."

I expected to see more colorful corals and fish. In 2017 we did a lunch and bbq in Bora Bora which is right by Moorea and it was a lot better. There bbq wasn't that good. I wouldn't recommend this company. 

Ovation in the background.

20221015_085748.thumb.jpg.a7d9e6f0b29587eb2688f00176637d02.jpg

20221015_091003.thumb.jpg.997a79f60c2e9bca72acc3026fe64b5f.jpg

20221015_092029.thumb.jpg.e3ea65ee44c58be50396bd38870ac415.jpg

IMG_1835.thumb.jpg.df27aaf638350751afcc7b7075856c3c.jpg

IMG_1827.thumb.jpg.837049cffce3132125d2841bd8d248f7.jpg

You can see a shark in the bottom right of the picture. They didn't bother you. We were in the outrigger boats.

IMG_1839.thumb.jpg.e6143600c13ae17834b0d5e46d0d297f.jpg

• Like 14

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Well, that sure was an early wake-up call!  How long was the Tender ride?  What did you do on the Miti Tour while in Moorea?

The tender ride was about 10 - 15 minutes. I still have more pictures and video coming. Need to upload more video to YT since they're to big to load directly here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

While we were snorkeling some of us were attacked by a Picasso Trigger Fish.

There are water drops about where the bite is so it doesn't look as red as it did. Another girl was bit on her shoulder and it was worse.

IMG_1834.thumb.jpg.09088f09d6b04ba8a6011ba08d7624ab.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

In Moorea we did a snorkeling trip with lunch with Miti Tours. We had fun, but I wasn't impressed. This was their description. "Go snorkeling and admire amazing fish and coral reefs. A delicious barbecue lunch is served on the motu (islet), with your feet in the water."

I expected to see more colorful corals and fish. In 2017 we did a lunch and bbq in Bora Bora which is right by Moorea and it was a lot better. There bbq wasn't that good. I wouldn't recommend this company. 

Oh dear...that is who I have booked with & was really looking forward to this tour.

It sounds pretty crap.  I 'barely' snorkel & I sure don't want to be bitten by anything.

Might have to go back to the drawing board for our day(s) here.

I booked an ATV / Jetski tour for our second day there (through Moorea Activities Centre)

Sorry you're day wasn't better, that's disappointing : ( 

• Like 2

I'd be interested to know if you happen to hear from any other passengers if they had a better experience on any other tours.

RCI offers a similar tour as this, not sure which company they use, it's pretty expensive now though.

I sure don't want to pay even more and it's still crap!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BecAus said:

I'd be interested to know if you happen to hear from any other passengers if they had a better experience on any other tours.

RCI offers a similar tour as this, not sure which company they use, it's pretty expensive now though.

I sure don't want to pay even more and it's still crap!

I'll see what I can find out. There was another company next to us that had a lot more going on.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I'll see what I can find out. There was another company next to us that had a lot more going on.

I''d really appreciate anything you can find out.  This is the tour I was most looking forward to.

When we first booked this TP 2 or 3 years ago I had Patrick's tour booked, that was Bora Bora wasn't it?

From all reports, including yours, it's very unfortunate we can no longer stop there : (

13 minutes ago, BecAus said:

I''d really appreciate anything you can find out.  This is the tour I was most looking forward to.

When we first booked this TP 2 or 3 years ago I had Patrick's tour booked, that was Bora Bora wasn't it?

From all reports, including yours, it's very unfortunate we can no longer stop there : (

Same here, we are doing the TP on Quantum and have booked this tour, every review has been great, and Ive been unable to find other companies that do something similar. Also looking at the ATV/JetSki tour.

Renee love reading your report, we are in the junior suite with large balcony on Quantum TP in April, I loved the idea of having the large balcony on all the sea days. Ive just done a 30 day cruise in the Arctic with similar storage (not RCI), and we managed with one cupboard and 4 drawers (with all our thermals and bulky clothes), so should be ok for a warm cruise!

• Like 2

On 10/16/2022 at 11:49 PM, ReneeFLL said:

Saw some cool embroidered shirts by the entrance. 

20221008_142046.thumb.jpg.78576f87c8199410d2acd8c0632cf6aa.jpg

20221008_142021.thumb.jpg.54bf92f876469290c5d94fbfe334fa5c.jpg

Just found the things I want for Christmas from Santa. Very cool.

On 10/18/2022 at 4:46 PM, ReneeFLL said:

We had a Garden View room, but had a small view of the ocean. These were taken from our balcony.

Hotel looks great. I have written it down for our future trip .

On 10/22/2022 at 7:17 PM, ReneeFLL said:

More pics, more pics, more pics.

On 10/25/2022 at 3:05 AM, ReneeFLL said:

Here are some videos of the snorkeling. As you can see there was very little color and a lot of the corals were dead.

How are you liking the new Go Pro Hero 11 Black? Your videos look great. The only problem I had was that I did not use screen lock and sometimes the water hitting the back screen would switch it into another mode. I would also recommend getting some underwater filters to help compensate the green colors. Here is a good article.

https://www.uwphotographyguide.com/when-to-use-gopro-filters-underwater

Sorry I'm late to the party. I'm just now getting caught after my cruise last week and the live. I really would like to do the same B2B itinerary you are doing so I will be taking notes. I did not know about the cruise ships limitations at Bora Bora. It's on my bucket list. We might have to consider a much smaller ship to go there. 

Great job on your fantastic semi live. I will be following along and cheering you on for this great adventure.

Cheers,

Greg (Sea Dog)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

I’m loving your review. Thank you for taking us along on your amazing cruise! 
Your cabin is fantastic!!

Thanks for coming along.

9 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Those pictures are gorgeous, glad you are enjoying yourselves.

Thanks, we definitely are.

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Just found the things I want for Christmas from Santa. Very cool.

Hotel looks great. I have written it down for our future trip .

More pics, more pics, more pics.

How are you liking the new Go Pro Hero 11 Black? Your videos look great. The only problem I had was that I did not use screen lock and sometimes the water hitting the back screen would switch it into another mode. I would also recommend getting some underwater filters to help compensate the green colors. Here is a good article.

https://www.uwphotographyguide.com/when-to-use-gopro-filters-underwater

Sorry I'm late to the party. I'm just now getting caught after my cruise last week and the live. I really would like to do the same B2B itinerary you are doing so I will be taking notes. I did not know about the cruise ships limitations at Bora Bora. It's on my bucket list. We might have to consider a much smaller ship to go there. 

Great job on your fantastic semi live. I will be following along and cheering you on for this great adventure.

Cheers,

Greg (Sea Dog)

Let us know which shirt you get. It was a little hard to pick which one.

I forgot to post in the beginning that the Hale Koa is for military. It’s a great place and we love it.

So far we are liking the new GoPro. It’s a learning curve for the underwater pictures. The other videos came out great.

I will have to read the article, thanks.

Unfortunately, Bora Bora just recently changed the rules. We were lucky enough to have visited there back in 2017.

Thanks for cheering me on, I’ll need it. 😀

• Like 4