Knew Kapers

Roccaforte

What night is Krew Kapers and what time do they usually do it?  I don’t want to make specialty restaurant reservations that would interfere.

I think it’s toward the end of the cruise but is it announced ahead of time?  Also, are they doing the block party again?  Too many covid changes for me to keep up.  

There was a block party on the 9/21 Mariner sailing, and later a more than usual Covid outbreak, I think in the 20s, and the crew had to wear masks.  I am pretty sure there was no block party on the next segment, and also no universal crew masking requirement.  I don't think you can count on a block party yet.

Edited by SusieQft

1 hour ago, SusieQft said:

There was a block party on the 9/21 Mariner sailing, and later a more than usual Covid outbreak, I think in the 20s, and the crew had to wear masks.  I am pretty sure there was no block party on the next segment, and also no universal crew masking requirement.  I don't think you can count on a block party yet.

On Splendor, we hoped for a Block Party this segment but it didn’t happen.  We heard that management is waiting for lower Covid numbers.

Maybe next segment.

No block party on the last Mariner cruise.

I assume they are flexing their decisions & crew protocols based on covid incident rates; similar to how norovirus outbreaks were dealt with in the past.

Seems a sensible approach in order to return to ‘normal’ without undue risk (or inconvenience) to guests or crew.

Krew Kapers is normally at 6pm and is finished about 6:30pm, so should not interfere with restaurant reservations.

Edited by flossie009
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

Thanks, GOARMY.  I did not see much of the crew for the first half of the cruise, since I was confined to my cabin during that time.

Karen, don't forget to put in a claim with your insurance company (if you had insurance) for those days you were confined and when they don't pay claim reimbursement directly from Regent (if you tested negative prior to cruise).  

• Like 1