Digital Vaccination card

7seascruising

The app is very particular about the vaccination format.  It’s been a long time since I’ve uploaded anything.  Can’t remember if it has to be .jeg or .pdf. I know it did not like Apple’s HEIC format.  Not sure if it accepted a screen shot.  I’m sure someone will correct me.

6 hours ago, 7seascruising said:

Has anyone here uploaded a screenshot of their digital vaccination card (if you have one) instead of a picture of your physical one? If so, did Princess accept it or did they ask for the physical card? TIA.

I uploaded a digital.  I just did a screenshot of my QR code. Still wanted

to see my original vax card.

Another cruise, I took a picture of the vax card front and back on one picture and uploaded it. All on my phone.

Both versions, the port STILL wanted to see the original vax card. 

So, make sure to have your original card with you.  It’s hard to see sometimes in the terminal on phones. The wifi may be down or computer problems, so paper is a good idea.

• Like 1

I tried to take a picture of my vax card in the app and it wouldn't work. All I got was errors. I finally wound up taking a picture of my vax card outside of the app and then used the app to upload that. It took several weeks before Princess "approved" it. YMMV

7 hours ago, FenixRising said:

I tried to take a picture of my vax card in the app and it wouldn't work. All I got was errors. I finally wound up taking a picture of my vax card outside of the app and then used the app to upload that. It took several weeks before Princess "approved" it. YMMV

Worked with a photo of my digital card.  Have photos stored in my phone of our covid cards.  As said just uploaded them to the app.  

Have never been asked to see the originals by anyone.  All were happy (at various borders, airports and cruise terminals) with the photos.

On 10/16/2022 at 4:01 AM, FenixRising said:

Did you try to use a screen shot capture (picture of vax card)?  That could have been the problem with the upload.  Not saying that the app may have problems, but there have been several other applications that don't like screen shots.