Viking Rhine River Cruise 10/1 - 8/22

patrickmoran

Thought I'd add a few comments regarding our recently completed cruise. This was our 4th Viking river cruise, first since COVID. We enjoyed the cruise and it met our expectations. We had no water level issues with the Rhine and the weather was good once we got to Strasbourg. It had been rainy for the week before.

We were in a least expensive cabin and spent lots of time in the lounge and on the top deck. The food was good. Service was a bit spotty in the dining room, especially getting refills or coffee with dessert. I thinks they were a little understaffed. We did the included the shore excursions, except we went to Marksburg Castle instead  of the walking tour of Koblenz. I do recommend the tour to Marksburg Castle. All the included tours were fine. The walk from the center of Strasbourg to the shuttle bus was LONG and the guides walked fast. If mobility-impaired be prepared.

Staff were wearing masks the whole trip. Some crew were better at the proper way to wear it than others. Never heard about COVID cases. Of course, I didn't ask and they didn't tell.

Connectivity from Basel to Strasbourg was pretty spotty. After S, it was fine.

There was some fall colors showing in the trees but not much.

We booked our flights through V. We flew into Munich early to go to the Passion Play in Oberammergau and stay 2 nights post-cruise in Amsterdam. This was all booked independent of V. Flights were fine. All of the horror stories you see about Amsterdam's airport are still true, at least for departing Get there at least 4 hours before your flight!

I'll check back late this week to see if there are any questions.

• Like 2

I went on a school trip nearly 60 years ago and the year before the play which so far I have not seen, so all the stars were growing their beards. We got to stand on the stage and try out the acoustics which are amazing a whisper can be heard at the back of the auditorium, beautiful place.