Non-Vaccinated testing

Dep2341

One of our party that is going out on the Mariner next month, isn't vaccinated. 

I see where he will have to take a test 3 days before the cruise and can do the test, un proctored, at home. 

Will he need to bring the test with him, or is there something else he will need to do or bring, if he does an at home test?

I looked at the FAQ and it doesn't say, unless I missed it.

Thanks for the help,

John

28 minutes ago, Dep2341 said:

One of our party that is going out on the Mariner next month, isn't vaccinated. 

I see where he will have to take a test 3 days before the cruise and can do the test, un proctored, at home. 

Will he need to bring the test with him, or is there something else he will need to do or bring, if he does an at home test?

I looked at the FAQ and it doesn't say, unless I missed it.

Thanks for the help,

John

We just brought pictures of the negative tests for our grandkids.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m on some unvaccinated cruiser groups on a big blue social media site and lots of folks reporting that the check-in aren’t really paying much attention.  Snap a photo of a test and you’re good to go.

We board Saturday and just plan to test 3 days out at home and snap photos.

• Like 1

As they aren't requiring any proof of vaccination to be shown, how would they even know if you were vaccinated or not?  They say a test is required where 'applicable' on their website and my reading and understanding of 'applicable' in their FAQ's is that they are referring to ports that require it. Anyone cruise lately and not be asked about their Vax status or testing?

2 hours ago, Zou Bisou Bisou said:

As they aren't requiring any proof of vaccination to be shown, how would they even know if you were vaccinated or not?  They say a test is required where 'applicable' on their website and my reading and understanding of 'applicable' in their FAQ's is that they are referring to ports that require it. Anyone cruise lately and not be asked about their Vax status or testing?

Friends just got back from an Island Princess Euorpean cruise.  Because their cruise was more than 15 days, they had to take a PCR test in Copenhagen before boarding.  They both are fully vaccinated, and they both got covid onboard.  Apparently quite a few people had covid.  Our friends didn't tell anyone due to quarantine in your cabin.  Also, the mask requirements was set into operation.  They were not happy.

6 hours ago, Zou Bisou Bisou said:

They do ask you if you're vaccinated as one of the three check in health questions.  I've been fully expecting dropping of all requirements very soon.  Multiple people have reported not being asked for their vax card at the pier.

Edited by BND

Thank you for your answers. Norwegian announced an end to the nonsense over a week ago and I was expecting the same from Royal Caribbean.  I'm sure the announcement is coming soon. The Royal Caribbean website is pretty clear that you don't have to show proof of Vax to board their ships in America traveling to the Caribbean.  The website also says testing only needs to be done when "applicable' which they clearly mean for ports of call and duration.  I NEVER wore a mask, took a test or danced with the Devil. I also have never had Covid.  If the Devil asks me if I am Jabbed with the Covid serum, I am under no obligation to tell him the truth. Why would I be?  

• Like 2