Totally Disappointed with Meraviglia

gmbhardy

15 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

We eventually got one but the butler implied that he was doing as a favour. 

Curious.  We are on next week.  When did you get your letter regarding liquor and pillow choice for YC?  I haven't got anything yet, but I'm hearing the butlers aren't always getting people's responses to the questions.

8 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Curious.  We are on next week.  When did you get your letter regarding liquor and pillow choice for YC?  I haven't got anything yet, but I'm hearing the butlers aren't always getting people's responses to the questions.

Ours came within 5 days before cruise.
One email for each passenger.

We assumed we would each receive preferences offered.

Not the case. After embarkation, butler informs us they do not receive this information passengers have submitted. No pillow choices, etc.

he asked for newspaper choice and choice of 1 small bottle of liquor per cabin.

It appears this new YC feature in not active yet or MSC is using it for marketing .

37 minutes ago, phissy said:

Not the case. After embarkation, butler informs us they do not receive this information passengers have submitted. No pillow choices, etc.

It appears this new YC feature in not active yet or MSC is using it for marketing .

Thanks!

14 hours ago, no1talks said:

He was supposed to leave just after our cruise in February.

He was big contributor to our enjoyment of that cruise! I told him I always let the sommelier choose my wine and he did not disappoint. He even picked my apéritifs and he batted 1.000 there, as well.

682364647_Rudolph-Mera-Somm.jpg.142bd82020d856144165f8fa993ea796.jpg

I heard he is back.   He and Vince were great in the YCDR.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, phissy said:

my mindless guilty pleasure is the NY Post that is included.  Hope I can get it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

Didn’t get a letter before the cruise and there was nothing in our room other than a generic welcome letter.

21 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

I’m hoping to meet with the YC director.

Sorry, but if you do meet with the director or another officer, can you get an estimate of how many passengers they expect next week?  Thanks

• Like 1

We just got off of the Seaview in Genoa on the 16th... we had very good service in bars and restaurants- but I was disappointed to find that there was NO sparkling wine chilling in our cabin.  (no fruit bowl either but that appeared later).  

When we asked about the bubbly we were informed by our butler that we could choose it as our "mini-bar" choice for the week... so we ended up doing  that.

Another thing that disappointed me was the fuzzy math used for our OBC.  We had $500 Usd obc which amounted to about $445 after their exchange rate to euros...  which is pretty far off.

2 hours ago, Gatordad1967 said:

darn darn darn.

It was on the Mera last month.  I ordered the Washington Post (verbally to the butler) but was delivered the NY Post.  I didn't want to make an issue so I went ahead and kept it - note with the sports section it is about 60 pages! But it had great puzzles, crosswords, etc! 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HipHipOnAShip said:

It was on the Mera last month.  I ordered the Washington Post (verbally to the butler) but was delivered the NY Post.  I didn't want to make an issue so I went ahead and kept it - note with the sports section it is about 60 pages! But it had great puzzles, crosswords, etc! 🙂

Washington, NY almost the same thing.... Lol.

I like the NY Post for the sports and the mindless articles.

Would not be happy with WAPO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the warnings! Hoping the Meraviglia issues are mostly transition problems from moving from Europe to Florida.  Please keep posting, particularly if you have any hints. We've been on 20+ cruises on other lines - November will be our first MSC cruise. Glad we only booked 4 days!

We ended up getting 2 papers. Not sure why.
Perhaps one butler asked DH during check in for his choice.

Our Butler, from last  cruise recognized me and came over to say Hi. He asked me for newspaper choice also.

We did have sparkling wine in YC cabin as Diamond perk.

972C95DA-80EF-4F91-BC13-C65DF222DB81.jpeg

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1