Wish Royal would adopt something like Carnival's new chair hog policy

16 minutes ago, Tatka said:

You have no right to touch anybody's stuff and watch what will happen if I see you doing this.

I am a very peaceful person, but not in cases like this. And I do not care what terms you are using in your head. You are a thief.

If it's been sitting there that long, the property could be deemed forgotten or abandoned.  Removing it and giving it to RC crew merely helped return it to its owner.

Besides, theft is the intent to deprive someone permanently of their property. Simply moving it doesn't constitute theft.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Tatka said:

You have no right to touch anybody's stuff and watch what will happen if I see you doing this.

I am a very peaceful person, but not in cases like this. And I do not care what terms you are using in your head. You are a thief.

At least your anger would be entertaining.  

7E076D49-6AFF-476C-8210-E0CF5FC9ACC2.jpeg.9ccb4d83829e3cb0a4985118ba68e03f.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lifes-a-beach said:

At least your anger would be entertaining.  

7E076D49-6AFF-476C-8210-E0CF5FC9ACC2.jpeg.9ccb4d83829e3cb0a4985118ba68e03f.jpeg

As entertaining as any interaction with thieves

Why are you showing me your photo? Are you planning to look like this?

13 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

If it's been sitting there that long, the property could be deemed forgotten or abandoned.  Removing it and giving it to RC crew merely helped return it to its owner.

Besides, theft is the intent to deprive someone permanently of their property. Simply moving it doesn't constitute theft.

I do not care what your intentions are. You may imagine anything in your had, but once you are taking my stuff this is it.

And since when swimming for 45 minutes is abandoning my property.

What happens if my work laptop slips and breaks? Whoever should be prepared to pay.

Look for available chair as I do.

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree with the Carnival policy.  Many times I have searched for a lounger only to find a sea of empty towel covered chairs.  Not everyone is in the pool or at the buffet.  A half hour is a reasonable amount of time.   Remove their stuff and make them retrieve it so they don't have to pay for the towel..     and don't tell to get there at the Crack of dawn to reserve a seat.  I don't get up at dawn when I am on vacation.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Whatever, I’ll touch whatever I want once it’s been abandoned. 

I think you need to look up the definition of thief/theft. 

Can I get some details on what you will do when you see me?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Whatever, I’ll touch whatever I want once it’s been abandoned. 

I think you need to look up the definition of thief/theft. 

Can I get some details on what you will do when you see me?

No, you cannot. Let it be a nice surprise for you, but I am sure you won't be doing this again.

You have a very strange idea about abandonment. The only way you can even determine that someone is absent is to watch this chair all this time (30 minutes or more). Not just randomly deciding that someone was absent for more than 30 minutes. 

And even if you think you are 100% sure this happened the only way to deal with a situation is to report this to nearby staff.  They usually have better idea if another cruiser is in the area and how long he/she wasn't there.

Edited by Tatka

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

I do not care what your intentions are. You may imagine anything in your had, but once you are taking my stuff this is it.

And since when swimming for 45 minutes is abandoning my property.

What happens if my work laptop slips and breaks? Whoever should be prepared to pay.

Look for available chair as I do.

YOU took responsibilities for your laptop

when you brought it to the pool deck and left it unattended; you will be receiving no compensation from me. 

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

No, you cannot. Let it be a nice surprise for you, but I am sure you won't be doing this again.

You have a very strange idea about abandonment. The only way you can even determine that someone is absent is to watch this chair all this time (30 minutes or more). Not just randomly deciding that someone was absent for more than 30 minutes. 

And even if you think you are 100% sure this happened the only way to deal with a situation is to report this to nearby staff.  They usually have better idea if another cruiser is in the area and how long he/she wasn't there.

Your opinion, it’s wrong, but you are entitled to it. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

YOU took responsibilities for your laptop

when you brought it to the pool deck and left it unattended; you will be receiving no compensation from me. 

Oh trust me.

Who said I am leaving anything unattended? I am NOT LEAVING Solarium or pool area, so I watch my stuff.

Again, you cannot take people's stuff.

You do not like something, you complain to pool area stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tatka said:

Oh trust me.

Who said I am leaving anything unattended? I am NOT LEAVING Solarium or pool area, so I watch my stuff.

Again, you cannot take people's stuff.

You do not like something, you complain to pool area stuff.

You left the chair; that makes the items “unattended” 

Good Night, Good Cruising

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Your opinion, it’s wrong, but you are entitled to it. 

It is not an opinion.

If you are not standing and watching my lounger for all this time, you cannot even know if I was there during this time. You also do not know if I am watching my stuff.

Your only option is to check with a pool stuff rather than deciding if something is abandoned (still not yours to touch) or not. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You left the chair; that makes the items “unattended” 

Good Night, Good Cruising

I left my chair so what? I may be watching it from Jacuzzi or pool.

Trust me, with so many cruises every year (5-6) and working days from time to time I am very experienced in this matter. 😀

laptop.jpg

laptop1.jpg

23 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Wow, it's getting heated here.  Folks, if you don't want to risk having your stuff moved (by another cruiser or by a staff member), don't leave it unattended on a chair.  No one is a thief.  The end.  

Wait a second. So it is acceptable to take stuff from loungers if it is left there at any time?

I think not. It may happen, but it should not.

I of course will never leave meaningful stuff in loungers, especially my work laptop, but it is beyond the point.

I sailed with 8 lines before deciding to make RCI my preferred line, and RCI have yet to disappoint me. And I have not seen any fights ... unlike on some others. 🙂

2 hours ago, PolicromaSol said:

You kidding? I'm making popcorn.

Want some? 🍿

I guess you want some pot-stickers to go with stirring the pot 😁. Blessed are the peace-makers for they shall not get popcorn for the show. We lose much weight by being righteous, but now that I think about it, could I have some of that movie popcorn delicious butter on mine?  😋

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tatka said:

If I am not planning to use chairs at all I just put my stuff on regular chair on the edge of pool.

But … you aren’t using the chairs. Why do you take up “premium real estate” by the window when you are spending your time in the pool? If you used a chair adjacent to the pool where you’re spending your time, you could keep an eye on your things and have easy access. And leave the nice window views for those who will actually sit and enjoy it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PolicromaSol said:

You kidding? I'm making popcorn.

Want some? 🍿

Just had some delicious caramel popcorn.  

5 minutes ago, LindaD22 said:

But … you aren’t using the chairs. Why do you take up “premium real estate” by the window when you are spending your time in the pool? If you used a chair adjacent to the pool where you’re spending your time, you could keep an eye on your things and have easy access. And leave the nice window views for those who will actually sit and enjoy it. 

Well said. 

You (general you, not speaking to you specifically) can huff and puff and make vague references to what will happen ... but you're right:  if you're not using the chair, don't claim it.  Simple, polite, courteous.  

• Like 2

I've said this before, I'll say it again. Being at the pool, is using a pool chair. In the water or in the seat. That's the same way it works at any pool on earth. You know it and so do I. Now going to lunch, taking a nap in cabin, etc different story. If your "at the pool" you are using the facilities and all that goes with it. And we all know the difference between at the pool and 6 decks down. 

• Thanks 1