Check in process questions

RELS

We became silver on our recent B2B.  The only real change that got us was a little earlier dining reservations for our December cruise.  We had already missed the original early opening date.  A couple of days after we boarded I was able to log on and make the reservations, still well ahead of the later date we were initially assigned.  (I was so excited to be on the ship I forgot to do it right away.)

In other words, the Regent website got the message about our upgrade to Silver without me needing to remind anyone.  Like pingpong1, we will be turning Gold on a 2023 cruise, and it will make a lot more difference to the onboard benefits with that.  Hopefully the transition will happen smoothly and without me having to ask for it.

• Like 2

I am quite sad that we will only hit 20 nights at the end of our next cruise in December and won't hit the magical 21 until we board Explorer for our Asia cruise next year so we miss the earlier booking window by 1 day 🥹 so I assume we become silver as we board (unless anyone knows how to wing an extra day 😜😂)

14 hours ago, irishwitchy said:

We have the same issue,  we will have  74 nights on a cruise from Auckland to Bali and miss gold, by one night.    So sad…..  Anyone want to gave me the Newspaper?  

We turn gold while we are on this cruise.  I'll be happy to share with you😁

• Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 1:28 PM, gabelle said:

We turn gold while we are on this cruise.  I'll be happy to share with you😁

Even after they acknowledged that we had gold status, we didn't get a newspaper (which we didn't care about since we paid for upgraded internet and could read news online), and we had to ask for our 250 onboard credit, which seemed unfamiliar to them.

When we boarded the first segment of our cruise, we expected to have it mentioned in our arrival letter in our cabin that we would be reaching gold status shortly after our 2nd segment began, but it wasn't mentioned. Nor did we get any additional letter welcoming us to the 2nd segment.

We spoke to another couple who reached gold on the second day of their 2nd segment, and had already received their 250 ship board credit, and a letter congratulating them when they boarded for their first segment. A few days after we reached gold, and saw it on the Regent website, we went to reception. We didn't really see anyone in the office type rooms around reception to speak to. They were probably in their offices while everyone was off the ship on excursions, or trying to find a place to have lunch after our late return from the excursions.

In retrospect, I should have mentioned to reception when we boarded that we were qualified for gold during the B2B cruise that we were boarding. Maybe they would have looked into it to make sure it took effect while we were onboard.

15 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

Even after they acknowledged that we had gold status, we didn't get a newspaper (which we didn't care about since we paid for upgraded internet and could read news online), and we had to ask for our 250 onboard credit, which seemed unfamiliar to them.

14 hours ago, Portolan said:

$250 OBC when reaching Gold?  That's clearly something new(ish).  We never heard of it and, when reaching Platinum, there was no gift or recognition other than new pins.  Or is the $250 you reference something else entirely?

I understood that Gold & above receive $100 per suite (per segment?) shipboard credit; introduced when the previous benefit of included laundry was extended to all guests.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flossie009 said:

I understood that Gold & above receive $100 per suite (per segment?) shipboard credit; introduced when the previous benefit of included laundry was extended to all guests.

Yes, $100/suite as comp for everyone getting laundry.  But I was referring to the (apparent) $250 bonus that someone was expecting for reaching gold. 

Newspapers have been erratic since restart and we are more or less ambivalent since it is a large use/waste of paper.

Edited by Portolan

The 250 amount for the  credit was told to us by the other couple onboard that was automatically upgraded, and we did receive something around that  amount. But we had already paid for unlimited wifi for 4 logins on both segments, and we should have had that for free with gold status, so maybe that was part of the credit we received.

And really, 100 dollars as compensation for everyone getting free laundry, is way too little if you want to consider gold status to be a reward for loyalty. I stopped counting our laundry receipts when we reached 800 dollars. And we didn't have anything dry cleaned, we didn't have any formal clothes, and we wore many of our clothes more than once. If we had a launderette on our deck up front, we might have used that for our socks and underwear, but there wasn't one.

Maybe everyone needs to read what is included in each loyalty level before they book and at least before they board. We turned both silver and then Gold on cruises a number of years ago. I think being silver gives you the extra logins and then turning gold gives a $100 per suite per segment which is  plainly stated on the website,m. So is getting advanced to the next level when you board if you meet the number of days while on board. This is easily pointed out to staff if there is a problem and they will correct any over-sites. It is to your benefit to read the Regent information and be proactive when something is not right. Regent staff are not mind readers and mistakes happen.

As far as the free laundry for everyone. This changed 4-5 years ago and there was some moaning about it had an earned benefit and that now it was good for all. Most complainers felt that the laundry would be so slow as not to be worth it. That has not been the case! The other complaint was it took away something earned. In reality these levels are gifts from Regent and they can and do change at Regent’s pleasure. At least the powers that be realized this and added the $100 per suite to gold and above and the actual benefit is still there for the gold and above so we lost nothing.

If people don’t like the “Regent” way there are many other cruise lines out there take your business elsewhere. Personally we like most of the Regent way of doing things better than other lines and easily over look the little glitches. All cruise lines have them. Regent is just a little better at trying to make you happy than the others we have tried and when something is off we talk to the department. And our TA makes should we know what we are Intitled to on each cruise!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Find it interesting that a launderette has to be "next door" before one chooses to use it.  On a ship the size of those in the Regent fleet - it is not too exhausting to walk from one end to another or up/down a couple of decks.  Guess I am still in the "glass half full" category of customers.  BTW - the "included" laundry service is definitely a nice perk, and Regent does a good job with it.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, carolina cruisin said:

Find it interesting that a launderette has to be "next door" before one chooses to use it.  On a ship the size of those in the Regent fleet - it is not too exhausting to walk from one end to another or up/down a couple of decks.  Guess I am still in the "glass half full" category of customers.  BTW - the "included" laundry service is definitely a nice perk, and Regent does a good job with it.

+1 

Totally agree. We have always sent everything out and it comes back perfectly ironed and folded or on hangers.

Edited by cwn
  • Like 1

I have a lot of polyester items (outerwear) that do not need to be ironed (some knit but not all).  Will the Regent laundry iron them anyway and melt them?  I would like to take advantage of the free laundry, but so far I have been afraid to do so.  How does Regent handle these items?  Can I specify water & dryer temperature and no ironing?