On Beyond TA……Issues

Sascol

All guests deserve  a proper level of service..that used to be the Celebrity  mantra. 

The whole dining rm buzzer thing is a bad trend  and it seems that upgrading guests via bids is crowding  suite and aqua class dining..

We will be on board BEYOND very soon.  I will do a review but it is a short cruise so maybe not  the best one to judge by.

I did chk our cabin no on deck 9..so far not a creaker!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sascol said:

Non suite for us but this type service is to be expected??  Sorry but no. 

I have been to suite and non suite.

It seems Celebrity have gone back to the system like Titanic..

Do hope the ship won’t sink.

Edited by verizon
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Perhaps I missed it in the long thread, but were you sailing in a suite or  non-suite?  There is a big difference here for E class ...

If you were in a suite this is a valid complaint.  If in a non-suite it is to be expected.

Though E Class has a "fancier" suite experience than M or S ,  we've sailed twice in inside staterooms on E Class and never once felt like "less" because of it. It doesn't seem like Celebrity is promoting a shipwide class system on these newer ships.

You are stating  that poor service and low staffing should be tolerated for passengers not in a suite, but suite passengers have a right to complain. So you are the one promoting a class system. 

Edited by Smmessineo
  • Like 2

We were on Beyond right before this cruise and it was as close to a perfect experience that I have had on a cruise. I guess the difference is because of the much lower passenger count. Not related but internet was solid too.

Edited by vidsmart
  • Thanks 1

On 10/29/2022 at 5:54 AM, Smmessineo said:

Though E Class has a "fancier" suite experience than M or S ,  we've sailed twice in inside staterooms on E Class and never once felt like "less" because of it. It doesn't seem like Celebrity is promoting a shipwide class system on these newer ships.

You are stating  that poor service and low staffing should be tolerated for passengers not in a suite, but suite passengers have a right to complain. So you are the one promoting a class system. 

I am the one pointing out that the experience on E class is much better in the suites.  Suites have real balconies,  the Retreat with a forward looking view, and a more quiet experience in the Retreat.  These are all items that you would have on an S class ship sailing in non-suites but you do not have on an E class ship.  On E class they have taken quite a few luxuries away from the non-suite guests that are available on S class.  If I ever did sail E class again it would have to be in a suite.

Regarding the service,  the suites always get the best servers.  On a short staffed ship, the non-suite guests will be the first to notice.  It is rather disappointing that the ships are short staffed.

Also it has been my experience sailing on the Edge pre-Covid with full staffing that in the Martini Bar it took too long to get a drink when compared with every other cruise I have ever been on.  So my point was the E class had slow service anyways in some venues.  I have heard very few complaints about the Retreat on E class.

Edited by NMTraveller

56 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I am the one pointing out that the experience on E class is much better in the suites.  Suites have real balconies,  the Retreat with a forward looking view, and a more quiet experience in the Retreat.  These are all items that you would have on an S class ship sailing in non-suites but you do not have on an E class ship.  On E class they have taken quite a few luxuries away from the non-suite guests that are available on S class.  If I ever did sail E class again it would have to be in a suite.

Regarding the service,  the suites always get the best servers.  On a short staffed ship, the non-suite guests will be the first to notice.  It is rather disappointing that the ships are short staffed.

Also it has been my experience sailing on the Edge pre-Covid with full staffing that in the Martini Bar it took too long to get a drink when compared with every other cruise I have ever been on.  So my point was the E class had slow service anyways in some venues.  I have heard very few complaints about the Retreat on E class.

You have brought up all my points .

I have been a suite and a non suite on Beyond.

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

Thank you for explaining what you meant in more detail. i must admit, I do miss the Sky Lounge,  but there's Eden, which has beautiful views, too. So my personal cruise experiences on E Class never made me feel like Celebrity is taking stuff away from me to give to Suites.

And, realistically, I am paying maybe 10%-20% of what a suite passenger does, so I certainly hope they have a great Retreat experience !

Do staffing levels concern me for my December b2b ?  Sure, but I'm prepared to chill a bit longer if need be. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Very experienced cruisers here, (Elite on Celebrity), who recently sailed on the Beyond from Port Everglades to the W. Caribbean, on our first E-class. Yes, this ship is beautiful, and we rather enjoyed the IV cabin. The entertainment was great, we liked both pools, and the World Market buffet. Captain and CD were very good, but it was really clear from the onset that the service was lacking.  Really lacking.  Every single bar was continuously overwhelmed, and even basic drinks took a long time.  I witnessed several drinks being returned to the bar, siting wrong ingredients.  We were often told that basic wines and mixed drinks were not in our classic package (srsly?? Tanqueray is NOT a premium liquor by any means!)  A truly laughable moment was in the Martini bar when ordering an $11 glass of St Michelle reisling FROM THE MENU... only to be told that it was now $13.  I pointed to it on the menu, and the bar tender said "corporate raised the price".  😯  What?? 

Throughout, the ship felt busy, loud, and crowded, especially throughout the grand plaza.  The MDR's had long lines, and our dinner in Tuscan was not very good. Service was spotty and the pasta entree dry and tasteless.  We didn't stay for desser (thank goodness for the buffet!)  Unable to book ahead, we still couldn't get into any of the specialty dining until after 8:30, which was disappointing. And while the glitz of the ship is impressive, some was annoying... that hall into Eden is just silly!   

Overall, E-class was a "one and done" for us... we're glad to have tried it, but not enough to book again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1