B2B testing - yes, no, or it depends?

phoenix_dream

From recent posts it sounds like B2B testing varies based on where the cruise is sailing and possibly what the Covid rate is on the first leg.  Am I understanding this correctly?  I have 3 B2B cruises coming up early next year and wondering where things stand as of now (realizing that it could all change by January).  Thankfully they are all out of Florida so we could better handle a missed second leg if we had the misfortune of testing positive or getting sick on the first leg.

With Princess now dropping almost all testing this week and NCL having already done so (obviously with exceptions for specific destinations in both cases), things are changing so rapidly that I suspect protocols will be different in January.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, prmssk said:

With Princess now dropping almost all testing this week and NCL having already done so (obviously with exceptions for specific destinations in both cases), things are changing so rapidly that I suspect protocols will be different in January.  

they dropped testing for B2Bs?

24 minutes ago, Sheltielover73 said:

they dropped testing for B2Bs?

Princess hasn't been testing for B2Bs on most cruises for a number of months now (with exceptions for destinations that require it) and their protocols have clearly stated that (as opposed to Celebrity written policy that B2B testing is still required even if it isn't always happening).

What Princess announced this week is that they are dropping the pre-cruise testing even for unvaccinated passengers.  They are only going to require a pre-cruise test for a very limited number of cruises (mostly just Australia/New Zealand and a select few very long cruises like their 28 day cruise to Tahiti).

Now, the example of what recently happened on the Eclipse (described in another thread) is still unavoidable on any line because that cruise was headed to Australia.

My point in all this is that things are changing rapidly and every time one cruise line announces a change, we often see others re-evaluate their protocols.

• Like 2

We were not tested for our Sept 26 and Oct. 6 b2b on Equinox. But, at this time, some ships are doing the testing if a certain "threshold" of cases on board is met, or as others have said, if the destination requires. I certainly hope that RCI group follows the other lines and drops all testing unless required by the destination country. Our next b2b is in January from FLL to the Caribbean. I am hopeful that there will be no testing required.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sheltielover73 said:

following.

I have 2 b2b's booked before Jan 1st.

My first is next week on Summit out of Miami- so I can report back to this thread with my experience.

Sheltielover, please do report back.  I don't think I am remiss in saying that those of us who have B2B or B2B2B cruises booked in the next few months want to know what X is doing.

We returned last week from a Silversea cruise. We were told B2B cruisers would be COVID tested (provided by ship) if a certain % of the ship is positive per RCCL Group requirement.  I think it was 2 or 3%. Our ship was over several days before the cruise ended and the 44 continuing passengers were very worried. Fortunately, those who were quarantined with COVID tested negative after 5 days and were released and the ship fell below the threshold and testing was not required. Thus, it depends if RCCL Group changes the policy or not and the COVID rate on the ship. Who knows?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1