Medallion Suite on Silver Whisper

notjaded

My wife and I were looking for a suite on a Silver Whisper voyage and the only larger suite available was the Medallion. We hesitate to take it based upon its location on deck 7, right before the stair and elevator bank that brings people to the La Terrazza and Connoisseur's Club. We wondered whether that location might be too noisy.

Does anyone have any experience with the Medallion suites on this class of ship?

Many thanks for your thoughtful replies!

6 hours ago, notjaded said:

Why is it a favorite?

Hopefully other folks will respond, but as I remember, they liked it for the reason you listed as a concern (super quiet), size, midship location, guests on only one side and in a oft unoccupied suite (Owner’s 2-bedroom), as well as convenience to stairs, elevators, and mere steps to La Terrazza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 4:56 PM, notjaded said:

My wife and I were looking for a suite on a Silver Whisper voyage and the only larger suite available was the Medallion. We hesitate to take it based upon its location on deck 7, right before the stair and elevator bank that brings people to the La Terrazza and Connoisseur's Club. We wondered whether that location might be too noisy.

Does anyone have any experience with the Medallion suites on this class of ship?

Many thanks for your thoughtful replies!

I'm bumping this question in hopes that someone who actually has been on this ship and in this suite can provide some insights. Many thanks in advance.

On 10/20/2022 at 7:46 AM, Stumblefoot said:

Hopefully other folks will respond, but as I remember, they liked it for the reason you listed as a concern (super quiet), size, midship location, guests on only one side and in a oft unoccupied suite (Owner’s 2-bedroom), as well as convenience to stairs, elevators, and mere steps to La Terrazza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Mrs Banjo and I are just off the Whisper.  Although I cannot comment on that particular suite, our suite was adjacent to the forward elevator and stairwell, as well as the self serve laundry.  I can report that we never experienced any excess noise, in fact we never heard the elevator, people on the stairs or the laundry.  I would take the suite without hesitation.  

On 11/4/2022 at 2:17 AM, crusinbanjo said:

Mrs Banjo and I are just off the Whisper.  Although I cannot comment on that particular suite, our suite was adjacent to the forward elevator and stairwell, as well as the self serve laundry.  I can report that we never experienced any excess noise, in fact we never heard the elevator, people on the stairs or the laundry.  I would take the suite without hesitation.  

Thank you for your insights!

On 11/4/2022 at 12:40 PM, drron29 said:

We have cruised in the medallion suite on the Whisper on back to back Baltic cruises. it was 5 years ago. but we loved it and preferred it to a Silver suite. Noise was never a problem.

Thank you for your perspective! Can you please discuss why you liked the Medallion more than the Silver Suite?

A great position. Close to midship. Convenient to stairs and elevator as well as La Terraza and La dame.

50% bigger than a verandah suite and large enough for us to be comfortable. The verandah suites on the older classic fleet were a little too small for Rojaan as she sometimes is claustrophobic.

But sometimes significantly cheaper than a silver suite.

As I said despite it's position we were never bothered by noise. As well on a day of rough weather much less distance to your suite from the elevator.

For some reason they were not very popular when we sailed.

Same went for the Explorer. On warmer cruises the Medallion suites on the Explorer were excellent with a much larger balcony than the Silver suites.