Can just one person in the cabin take Princess Plus?

cruising deacon

28 minutes ago, cruising deacon said:

My wife doesn't drink alcohol but I do.  The $50/day for me would be fine, but not worth it for my wife.

When making the booking I saw no way for just one person to take Princess Plus and not the other.

Can I some how add it to the booking for just one person?

Unless you drink a lot, you might be best not to get the plus and just book standard and buy whatever drinks you want. 

15 minutes ago, bronzey214 said:

No - don't forget the other benefits though. It still might be worth it for both of you. Princess Plus also gives you fountain soda and coffee benefits as well as wifi and crew appreciation.

Plus mocktails and bottled water.

When you look at the cost of a drink package for 1, $59.99 a day, and tips $15.50pp a day, it comes to $91.00 a day as compared to $100 a day for both of you on Plus. So you're paying $9 a day for a second drink package and wifi for both.

Edited by Yehootu
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 9:55 AM, Yehootu said:

When you look at the cost of a drink package for 1, $59.99 a day, and tips $15.50pp a day, it comes to $91.00 a day as compared to $100 a day for both of you on Plus. So you're paying $9 a day for a second drink package and wifi for both.

You forgot to add the 18% service charge added on top of the beverage package, which makes it $70.79/day. 

So paying for the plus beverage package for one person, along with gratuities, may be more than getting the plus fare for two.

The Plus Beverage Package is US $59.99 per day plus 18% service charge (totaling $70.79 per day) for all itineraries except Australia.

Edited by magnolia888

$70.79 drink package

$15.00 gratuities

$10.00 WIFI

$95.79 total for one person to get the same benefit that the plus package offers.

So even if the second person doesn't drink anything but the free items included in the cruise fare and doesn't use the internet, just the additional cost of gratuities at $15 would make the cost $110 per day for the 2 people. 

It's worth it. 

18 hours ago, magnolia888 said:

You forgot to add the 18% service charge added on top of the beverage package, which makes it $70.79/day. 

So paying for the plus beverage package for one person, along with gratuities, may be more than getting the plus fare for two.

The Plus Beverage Package is US $59.99 per day plus 18% service charge (totaling $70.79 per day) for all itineraries except Australia.

I knew I forgot to add the tax as I knew the daily total was close to $100 a day, I was out of time and couldn't edit. Mahalo for fixing it for me.