Shareholder benefits - time limits

sandancer

Can anyone tell me if there is a restriction on claiming shareholder obc i.e.  do you have to hold the shares for any particular length of time before you become eligible to claim.?  I am having problems getting my application dealt with. The application was made on my behalf by my stock broker and no share certificate is issued. They say they made the application well within the timeframe but now I am concerned that I haven’t held the shares for long enough. No one available to ask until Monday now and our cruise is 2 weeks away. 

Do you have a travel agent?  You can also fax a copy in or email it yourself.  It is not the number of days you own the stock, but need to get the documentation in early.  Sometimes it takes 3-4 weeks.  Open a live chat and ask if they have received your share request.  Live Chat can tell you what dates they are still working on.

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

Can anyone tell me if there is a restriction on claiming shareholder obc i.e.  do you have to hold the shares for any particular length of time before you become eligible to claim.?  I am having problems getting my application dealt with. The application was made on my behalf by my stock broker and no share certificate is issued. They say they made the application well within the timeframe but now I am concerned that I haven’t held the shares for long enough. No one available to ask until Monday now and our cruise is 2 weeks away. 

Maybe they did not include the right information that is required?

You just need a copy of your statement. Mark out the account number.  Has to show your name, address, quantity of shares.

In the subject line:  Your name snd booking number

Then:

Full name

Ship and sail date

booking number

Email to SBPCL@princesscruises.com

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandancer said:

Why on earth would you have your broker submit the claim? The odds of that not happening correctly is pretty high, as demonstrated in your case.  They might send proof to Princess, but did they include all of the needed cruise relevant information (your name, booking number, cruise date, ship name).

I expect that you either get a monthly statement from your broker, or the transaction confirmation from the purchase if it was a recent transaction, or you have access to an online web site that shows the stock is in your account.  In either case copy the page of the paper documents that shows the stock in your account, or print the page  or screen short if it is electronic.   Then e-mail or fax that information along with the required information to the cruise line.

As I have no experience of this I had no reason to suppose it was foolish to allow my broker to submit the application on my behalf. They are a very well regarded stock broker here in the UK. They assure me that this is something they do routinely for clients. My original post was asking if you have to hold shares for a period of time before applying for obc. JF retired has reassured me that this is not the case. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sandancer said:

As I have no experience of this I had no reason to suppose it was foolish to allow my broker to submit the application on my behalf. They are a very well regarded stock broker here in the UK. They assure me that this is something they do routinely for clients. My original post was asking if you have to hold shares for a period of time before applying for obc. JF retired has reassured me that this is not the case. 

No, there is no time limit.  I gave you the email address for the US to send your

statement.

Do you need the UK email address?

10 minutes ago, sandancer said:

There’s a fax and mailing address.  If you’re leaving in 2 weeks, I would email the request.

shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

25 minutes ago, sandancer said:

No there is no minimum time limit, the day you purchase you can submit.  All you need is proof such as a confirmation document or email to show ownership.

7 hours ago, sandancer said:

I purchased the shares last week and as soon as they appeared in my portfolio after verification of the funds transfer from my bank, which took less than three days, I submitted my request and had the OBC on my cruise account within 4 hours. Handled everything myself with no assistance from my TA or broker. 

Edited by sloopsailor
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Maybe they did not include the right information that is required?

You just need a copy of your statement. Mark out the account number.  Has to show your name, address, quantity of shares.

In the subject line:  Your name snd booking number

Then:

Full name

Ship and sail date

booking number

Email to SBPCL@princesscruises.com

That is wrong,  as the OP is in the UK 

Correct address is benefits@princesscruises.co.uk 

12 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

There’s a fax and mailing address.  If you’re leaving in 2 weeks, I would email the request.

shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

Again, wrong.  The address is benefits@princesscruises.co.uk  

1 minute ago, sandancer said:

Thanks. That’s the address my travel agent provided and I passed on to the broker. Will chase up on Monday AM. 

Personally I always email the claim myself.  That way I can be sure that it is done.  

56 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Personally I always email the claim myself.  That way I can be sure that it is done.  

Totally agree. 
Why introduce a third party in the communication. You still have provide the same information to your broker as you would to your cruise company.

Brian

22 hours ago, sandancer said:

There is a time limit on the other end.  According to the Carnival website: your request must be sent in "...no later than 4 weeks prior to your sail date..."

Did your broker send it in at least 4 weeks ahead of your sailing?

Edited by Daniel A