Apex app question

Koohiichan

Excited to return to cruising on January 14 Apex cruise out of Fort Lauderdale this winter. Plus, just DH and myself so bonus! I do have a question, though. I heard that we control everything via the app, which is no issue in theory, but we aren’t planning on getting any WiFi package so, in this case, will we still be able to use the app?

47 minutes ago, Koohiichan said:

Excited to return to cruising on January 14 Apex cruise out of Fort Lauderdale this winter. Plus, just DH and myself so bonus! I do have a question, though. I heard that we control everything via the app, which is no issue in theory, but we aren’t planning on getting any WiFi package so, in this case, will we still be able to use the app?

What do you mean by this? 

Good to know we don’t need the WiFi package. Thanks for the quick response. I’m relieved.

My knowledge is second-hand, but I believe you can control your door key, veranda doors, air conditioning controls, etc. with the app. Also use the app to book dining reservations, etc.

Yes - there is an option to sign on to the internet without external wifi access.  On the E Class ships you can use the app to make reservations, excursions, check you account as well as open your door, control thermostat, drapery  and lights in your room.  

All of these can also be done manually if you choose not to use the app.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koohiichan said:

Good to know we don’t need the WiFi package. Thanks for the quick response. I’m relieved.

My knowledge is second-hand, but I believe you can control your door key, veranda doors, air conditioning controls, etc. with the app. Also use the app to book dining reservations, etc.

But not required, just an option if you elect not to use your phone and the app. Spent 12 nights on the Summit in September and never used the app for anything. Personal preference.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1