Hotel checkout vs boarding time

FrankieSue

• FrankieSue changed the title to Hotel checkout vs boarding time
5 minutes ago, FrankieSue said:

Here is my dilemma: our assigned boarding time is 1:40 pm but we must check out of our hotel at 10:30.  Will they allow us to board earlier than assigned time?

Yes, based on our experience, and many others have reported the same here.

You can at the very least drop your luggage with the porters then come back to the per at your appointed time. I do this in certain locations anyway as the pier is in a walkable area - Montreal, Vancouver, Quebec City, New Orleans to name a few 

• Like 1

I think it depends on where you are.  Fort Lauderdale doesn’t seem to care from what I hear.  San Diego can be more particular.  Every hotel that I’ve stayed in has that time for a check out so everyone that stays in a hotel has the same dilemma.  I ask the bell person/desk if I can store my bag and it’s never a problem.  In my experience you can still use the hotel facilities no problem. 

• Like 1

We've boarded three cruises since the "unpleasantness" (2 Pt Everglades & 1 Amsterdam) and we've ignored boarding times and arrived at our usual time of around 10:30am and on all 3 they were glad to see us, lines were minimal and we were welcomed and did not have to sit on the curb.

I concur with @Florida_gal_50 that the port might matter.

(San Diego:  Welcome to California and you are not welcome until we say you are per your papers.  Port Everglades:  Welcome to Florida and glad to have you, come on in and have a seat!)

I'd be curious to hear from the folks boarding in Port Everglades if this is still the case with the new season starting. 

26 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

I concur with @Florida_gal_50 that the port might matter.

(San Diego:  Welcome to California and you are not welcome until we say you are per your papers.  Port Everglades:  Welcome to Florida and glad to have you, come on in and have a seat!)

Laughing here about San Diego! Have embarked there several times... ugly terminal (but convenient) and rude employees. 😯

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, julia said:

Laughing here about San Diego! Have embarked there several times... ugly terminal (but convenient) and rude employees. 😯

You have thst right.  While I find them ok going in one was just nasty going out. I had to go for covid testing to return to Canada in March. It was in the terminal.  I had to lift my luggage up to put it through the scanner.  Why I have no idea. No help whatsoever. After my test the rude woman kept screaming at me to leave and telling me I was going the wrong way. It wasn't like I was dogging it.  There us no reason to treat people that way.