Elite - Discount on excursions

gunnywife

27 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Mine was refundable but I've heard that the transfers back to the airport doesn't normally get the 10% back even though I buy it from the shore excursion desk (using OBC)

Hmmm...typical Princess; "consistently inconsistent"!

Just now, Rick&Jeannie said:
29 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Mine was refundable but I've heard that the transfers back to the airport doesn't normally get the 10% back even though I buy it from the shore excursion desk (using OBC)

Hmmm...typical Princess; "consistently inconsistent"!

Their statement was that transfers aren't excursions even though managed by the same dept. It was only a few $$s

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Even though you book transfers on board through the excursion desk, basic transfers are not considered to be excursions. Which is also why there are separate when booking online.

4 hours ago, coconutmonkey said:

Is the OBC for the shore excursions refundable to your credit card or do you have to spend them on the ship?

Many thanks.

If your refundable OBC is <$25, you can collect it at the Pax Svcs desk the day before debark. If it's >$25, you'll get a check (sometime in the future anywhere from 2-10 weeks). The check comes from Bottomline.

Princess doesn't refund OBC to credit cards (at least in the US, it might be different in Europe, etc).

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

So if I book excursions pre cruise they will charge the full amount, then I will get the ten percent back as onboard OBC? Just want to make sure I'm understanding this. 

yes that is how it works

On 10/23/2022 at 3:33 PM, JF - retired RRT said:

If your refundable OBC is <$25, you can collect it at the Pax Svcs desk the day before debark. If it's >$25, you'll get a check (sometime in the future anywhere from 2-10 weeks). The check comes from Bottomline.

Princess doesn't refund OBC to credit cards (at least in the US, it might be different in Europe, etc).

FWIW I just received my check today - we got off the Emerald Princess on 10 October - so not bad.  While I probably wouldn't have thrown the envelope away I remembered seeing your comment about Bottomline so I knew what it was 🙂

• Thanks 1