Thumb drive

HollDoll

No, the ports are disabled. It is supposed that this is to prevent a virus infecting the ships systems as the tvs are on that system 

What entertainment options are available in my stateroom? Each room includes a flat-screen TV with interactive menu of programming including; on-demand movies, music stations, as well as both live and pre-recorded television. Additionally, guests can access ship information, dining options, an onboard activities schedule, shore excursions, and port information through this interactive media console. There are no external inputs available such as A/V or HDMI.

Edited by Mary229

If you take your own universal remote, it usually works. I had taken everything on the Koningsdam and then the built-in on-demand system was good enough, we didn't need to use it. Sometimes you do have to get creative, in order to get to the ports though.

36 minutes ago, five. said:

If you take your own universal remote, it usually works. I had taken everything on the Koningsdam and then the built-in on-demand system was good enough, we didn't need to use it. Sometimes you do have to get creative, in order to get to the ports though.

How many times were you successful in activating the HDMI ports using a universal remote?  How recently?   

20 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

How many times were you successful in activating the HDMI ports using a universal remote?  How recently? 

Most of my Carnival cruises in my signature and the Royal cruise. The Royal one in Sept/22 was super easy, the tv swung out on a bracket and was designed with easy access in mind. I did not actually try on HAL, so I can't comment.

We will be on HAL again in March/23 and I can make a point to verify that it still works.