Live - One Way Voyage(r), Boston to San Juan 10/30

21 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Thanks for this.  We are scheduled for the December 18th 5 day cruise then spending holidays in St. Thomas.  My first time on Voyager and actually my 1st time in a suite!!  

Sounds like an amazing holiday.  This will be our first Jr Suite.  Andy’s secretly hoping we don’t love it LOL. 

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

My wife, daughter and I are also on this sailing with you. We are doing a B2B staying on in San Juan for the "island hop" the following week. Also no UDP. We may bump in to you as we are in JS as well. Brand new to cruising but we have had the opportunity to do Odyssey, Symphony and now Voyager all in 2022. I'm excited to see this "classic" RCL ship and how it differs from the others! I'm certain I can help out with the speed test posts. You beat me to the "LIVE".   

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bedfordmom said:

Hi I am also on this cruise with you. Thanks for doing a live review. I won't have internet as I am seriously unplugging for the week.  I have already learned something from your post. I didn't realize that you could have one alcohol plan and one soda plan for adults on RCI.  The last couple of New England cruises have been on Norwegian.  My husband also doesn't drink and NCL's alcohol plan requires that both adults take the package. Since they usually only charge  for the gratuities, I did it once but even the gratuities  are pretty high if one doesn't even drink. Something to remember for next time though I really don't drink enough to make a package worth it. I will be bringing the two bottles on (all mine) and most likely won't drink that either. I do like the really sweet drinks like Pina Coladas.  Will just buy a couple. 

Hi there! We have cruised with you before….few times on NCL.

• Like 1

Have a great time!  I'd love to do this itinerary some day.  We love the Voyager class ships.  And living in MA and sailing out of Boston is great.  Puerto Rico is fantastic.  One of our most favorite places to visit.  One of my co-workers just visited her family and she said the power is pretty much all back on there.  

We also stayed at the Casablanca Hotel back in 2017.  Fun place.  Here are a few pix:

image.thumb.jpeg.02fe34bdf107e54708e3a30f4469e5dd.jpeg

image.jpeg.6c32d0744d21175eef96bc8d05770daf.jpeg

image.jpeg.bb94dbbd83b6b418f9923f4f4ef60dac.jpeg

We had a great time there.  We were on the top floor I think.  It was very spacious.  A couple of restaurant suggestions:  the Waffle House for breakfast!  They don't have air conditioning, but the waffles were to die for.  Yum Yum!  The Chocolate Bar for brunch - anything is fantastic, but the churros con chocolat was divine.  

I will follow your live stream.  We'll be boarding Wonder on 10/30 for the TA from Barcelona.  I'm doing a live stream, too.  We leave tomorrow morning!  Very excited.  Our first TA!

Edited by Teeara
  • Like 2

Hi Deb, Sorry I'm a little late but I'm here for you. You will do great on your first Live review. I am really looking forward to hearing more about Voyager since we will sail on her for the first time next October. I'm interested in knowing the condition she's in. How is the food and the internet speed. And of course I would love to know about the bars and how they are stocked for bourbon and whisky. If you meet any great bartenders let me know.

I am excited that you are staying at the CassaBlanca Hotel. We loved it. I will be interested in your opinion. Make sure to have a cocktail in their little bar right off the lobby. It's a fun little place. And if you get a chance eat at Raices. Incredible Puerto Rico food.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Td6462 said:

My wife, daughter and I are also on this sailing with you. We are doing a B2B staying on in San Juan for the "island hop" the following week. Also no UDP. We may bump in to you as we are in JS as well. Brand new to cruising but we have had the opportunity to do Odyssey, Symphony and now Voyager all in 2022. I'm excited to see this "classic" RCL ship and how it differs from the others! I'm certain I can help out with the speed test posts. You beat me to the "LIVE".   

I’m envious of your B2B. We would’ve loved to do that but one of our daughters is turning 30 that week so we just couldn’t be away.  I hope we do run into you. And I hope you’ll do a Live also, it’s always good to get others perspectives.  Or feel free to jump in here and add whatever you’d like to.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Teeara said:

Have a great time!  I'd love to do this itinerary some day.  We love the Voyager class ships.  And living in MA and sailing out of Boston is great.  Puerto Rico is fantastic.  One of our most favorite places to visit.  One of my co-workers just visited her family and she said the power is pretty much all back on there.  

We also stayed at the Casablanca Hotel back in 2017.  Fun place.  Here are a few pix:

image.thumb.jpeg.02fe34bdf107e54708e3a30f4469e5dd.jpeg

image.jpeg.6c32d0744d21175eef96bc8d05770daf.jpeg

image.jpeg.bb94dbbd83b6b418f9923f4f4ef60dac.jpeg

We had a great time there.  We were on the top floor I think.  It was very spacious.  A couple of restaurant suggestions:  the Waffle House for breakfast!  They don't have air conditioning, but the waffles were to die for.  Yum Yum!  The Chocolate Bar for brunch - anything is fantastic, but the churros con chocolat was divine.  

I will follow your live stream.  We'll be boarding Wonder on 10/30 for the TA from Barcelona.  I'm doing a live stream, too.  We leave tomorrow morning!  Very excited.  Our first TA!

We absolutely love San Juan. We’ve visited quite a few times on port stops so limited hours. We’re excited to spend an entire day and night there this time.  Thanks for your photos of the hotel, I can’t wait to see it in person. I hope you have a wonderful TA and I’m looking out for your LIVE. I always like to see what people do on a TA or TP with all those sea days.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Hi Deb, Sorry I'm a little late but I'm here for you. You will do great on your first Live review. I am really looking forward to hearing more about Voyager since we will sail on her for the first time next October. I'm interested in knowing the condition she's in. How is the food and the internet speed. And of course I would love to know about the bars and how they are stocked for bourbon and whisky. If you meet any great bartenders let me know.

I am excited that you are staying at the CassaBlanca Hotel. We loved it. I will be interested in your opinion. Make sure to have a cocktail in their little bar right off the lobby. It's a fun little place. And if you get a chance eat at Raices. Incredible Puerto Rico food.

Thanks for your kind words Greg and I’m thrilled to have you along.  I do need to do a better job proofreading my posts before submitting.  I hate when I find a typo and it’s too late to fix it!

We’re really looking forward to our stay at the CasaBlanca.  We will definitely hit up their little bar - I mean how could I ignore a bar recommendation from you!

I’ll also keep an eye out for your bourbons & whisky as well as great bartenders.  Stay tuned!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Greg,

You are right, we were in Puerto Rico back in May 2022

for a cruise.  We had lunch at Raices, food was

amazing. We loved it.  Definitely recommend.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We absolutely love San Juan. We’ve visited quite a few times on port stops so limited hours. We’re excited to spend an entire day and night there this time.  Thanks for your photos of the hotel, I can’t wait to see it in person. I hope you have a wonderful TA and I’m looking out for your LIVE. I always like to see what people do on a TA or TP with all those sea days.  

We love SJ too. And I second Greg’s suggestion for Raices. I love their Mofongo. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bedfordmom said:

Lisa, I am not on this cruise. Bur will see you soon on another one. We have to use up all the NCL certificates which they have been extending for us very generously. 
All is good with us and I hope same with you.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

We also love San Juan.  We stayed at Casablanca for 3 nights before our cruise in March 22 and will be staying there again for 2 nights pre cruise in March of 23.  We loved it there.  They have a rooftop terrace that overlooks San Cristobel--so pretty up there. 

Looking forward to your review as we are doing Voyager out of San Juan in March.  By far our favorite port to cruise from. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks for your kind words Greg and I’m thrilled to have you along.  I do need to do a better job proofreading my posts before submitting.  I hate when I find a typo and it’s too late to fix it!

We’re really looking forward to our stay at the CasaBlanca.  We will definitely hit up their little bar - I mean how could I ignore a bar recommendation from you!

I’ll also keep an eye out for your bourbons & whisky as well as great bartenders.  Stay tuned!

Don't worry about typos I do them all the time with my fat fingers on the phone. We all understand it's hard on a phone especially on a moving ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1