FCD question

rideev

Booked on a holiday cruise.  Looking to book a Transatlantic next fall.  Can I book it now, buy a FCD on board in December, then apply that to the payment?  Or, should I just wait to book and either book it on board or get the FCD and book it from home?

Thanks

Agree with cr8tive1. When you book, you leave a deposit, not add the deposit later.

You can buy an FCD onboard and immediately apply it. That way you get the OBC. Some prefer the discount when using a TA, but have to say it's a good feeling to have your next cruise booked then and there.

Probably the best idea is to book the transatlantic cruise now to lock in the price if it looks good. Then after you have purchased an FCD in December, check out the prices and offers for the transatlantic. If they're better, including the amount of OBC you'll receive, then cancel the original booking and book the cruise again. I always try to have a few FCDs available on my account. We learned our lesson about that several years ago when booking back-to-back cruises and having just one FCD available apiece at the time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

Some prefer the discount when using a TA

Just a minor clarification, in case someone thinks TA cannot use FCD. Your point is about booking onboard versus waiting for TA, right? I guess you could contact TA while onboard or book onboard and the transfer to TA. If you transfer to TA, can the TA then discount the fare?

• Like 1