Black Friday sales

bebe08

How soon does Celebrity normally start their Black Friday sales?  I have my eye on a Hawaii 2024 cruise and hoping there will be a good Black Friday deal.  Alternatively we have a cruise in early 2023 so could book this onboard.  Not sure what would be the best deal and if Hawaii cruises typically sell out.  Thoughts?

10 hours ago, bebe08 said:

How soon does Celebrity normally start their Black Friday sales?  I have my eye on a Hawaii 2024 cruise and hoping there will be a good Black Friday deal.  Alternatively we have a cruise in early 2023 so could book this onboard.  Not sure what would be the best deal and if Hawaii cruises typically sell out.  Thoughts?

Celebrity has constant sales and normally I find that they net out to the same price but with shell games -   like raising the prices and then offering a 75% 2nd passenger promotion.

I find that Hawaii often sells out depending on the cabin class you are looking at.   I also find that prices have a tenancy to go up from when first released and then eventually drop again if selling poorly near final payment date.

I find the best strategy is to purchase the cabin and cruise you wish - using either a Non-Refundable or Refundable fare.   The penalty for changing a Non-Refundable is $100 pp. 

If a sale comes up prior to final payment you can call your agent or Celebrity and use the best price program and they will adjust your price to the sale price.  

I also do a mock booking and book mark the page where you select the cabin -   I can the just click on the link every couple days and can check the price quickly.

Example:  https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomCategory?pID=SL08X006&sDT=2022-12-03&sCD=SL&sCT=CO&roomQuantity=1

• Thanks 1

Black Friday deals are a wolf in sheep's clothing.  Jim said it well.  25% off or 50% off 2nd passenger.  If you are looking for a cruise do a mock booking.  Then have Cruise TAs Compete using a Google search.  They only deal is group fares that include perks and historically have had refundable deposits till final payment. 

Before you book with a TA, ask some questions and see how they answer - promptly and clearly.  The savings significant.   I do not use a big box TA - FYI

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I also do a mock booking and book mark the page where you select the cabin -   I can the just click on the link every couple days and can check the price quickly.

Example:  https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomCategory?pID=SL08X006&sDT=2022-12-03&sCD=SL&sCT=CO&roomQuantity=1

Thanks for this tip. I never thought about saving the link midstream on a mock booking. Just assumed it would not bring you back to same location (that you had to start over). Very helpful!!!

• Like 1

The Blue Monday sales are better.  🙄

The Who had it right with their song “Won’t Get Fooled Again”

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

11 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Black Friday deals are a wolf in sheep's clothing.  Jim said it well.  25% off or 50% off 2nd passenger.  If you are looking for a cruise do a mock booking.  Then have Cruise TAs Compete using a Google search.  They only deal is group fares that include perks and historically have had refundable deposits till final payment. 

Before you book with a TA, ask some questions and see how they answer - promptly and clearly.  The savings significant.   I do not use a big box TA - FYI

In 2019 Celebrity had a great Black Friday sale , extra $300 OBC , a couple of perks and $25 deposit 

we got a great price on Reflection TA for 2021 which We were able to L&S to Apex TA in 2022

You have to know your pricing for the cruise you want and when you think it is a fair price book it 

Also check with your TA to see if their agency has a group price , we gotten group prices that included Always at the same price  Celebrity posted as Sail Only 

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

In 2019 Celebrity had a great Black Friday sale , extra $300 OBC , a couple of perks and $25 deposit 

we got a great price on Reflection TA for 2021 which We were able to L&S to Apex TA in 2022

You have to know your pricing for the cruise you want and when you think it is a fair price book it 

Also check with your TA to see if their agency has a group price , we gotten group prices that included Always at the same price  Celebrity posted as Sail Only 

2021’s Black Friday sale was a winner for us. We added $200 OBC per cabin. One of us was booked as a single and he saved over $1K by repricing. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

2021’s Black Friday sale was a winner for us. We added $200 OBC per cabin. One of us was booked as a single and he saved over $1K by repricing. 

So, if there is the off-chance there is a Black Friday sale and one is already booked (but have not submitted final payment)...

I take it all you need to do is call Celebrity and they will price match?

1 minute ago, NJRonbo said:

So, if there is the off-chance there is a Black Friday sale and one is already booked (but have not submitted final payment)...

I take it all you need to do is call Celebrity and they will price match?

If booked with Celebrity you call in and they will adjust.   If with an agent you need to call your agent.

If booked with Celebrity you can also fill in the form below and email to bestprice@rccl.com

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/Best-Price-Guarantee-Form.pdf

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

If booked with Celebrity you call in and they will adjust.   If with an agent you need to call your agent.

If booked with Celebrity you can also fill in the form below and email to bestprice@rccl.com

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/Best-Price-Guarantee-Form.pdf

Jim, that is a priceless response.  Exactly the best information I could have been provided with.  Going to save and hope that I can use it.  THANK YOU!

Just now, NJRonbo said:

Jim, that is a priceless response.  Exactly the best information I could have been provided with.  Going to save and hope that I can use it.  THANK YOU!

Last time I used the form they responded in less than a day.  

• Like 2