Need Dining advice and advice on current evening music entertainment on Majestic Princess please

korky1

Sailing on Majestic 1st time on 8th December.  We are happy to dine in main dining room every night.  Is there more than one MDR on this ship?  If so, do you recommend any particular one?  

We can prebook dining options via the app now but is it ok to wait and just book each day once on board?

Also, besides the buffet which we do not like to eat in at night, is there any other free option? 

My husband and I love to listen to live music after dinner.  Can you give us any advice on the current options on board?  A wee bit concerned as we have read that the ship mostly closes down really early as we like to kick on until midnight most nights,  only because we are on holiday and enjoy relaxing, having a few drinks on our drinks package and listening to the music. 

Any other tips you can give us about enjoying Majestic Princess will be very much appreciated. 

Thanks heaps.

10 hours ago, korky1 said:

Sailing on Majestic 1st time on 8th December.  We are happy to dine in main dining room every night.  Is there more than one MDR on this ship?  If so, do you recommend any particular one?  

We can prebook dining options via the app now but is it ok to wait and just book each day once on board?

Also, besides the buffet which we do not like to eat in at night, is there any other free option? 

My husband and I love to listen to live music after dinner.  Can you give us any advice on the current options on board?  A wee bit concerned as we have read that the ship mostly closes down really early as we like to kick on until midnight most nights,  only because we are on holiday and enjoy relaxing, having a few drinks on our drinks package and listening to the music. 

Any other tips you can give us about enjoying Majestic Princess will be very much appreciated. 

Thanks heaps.

I can help with a couple of your questions. 

There are 3 main dining rooms all have the same menu. Deck 5 midships, Deck 6 midships & Deck 6 aft. 

Aside from the buffet there is Alfredo's Pizzeria which is a free option.

Firstly, there is a nightly rotation of a few musicians through bar areas and.the atrium. Some are quite good, especially a guitar soloist guy. Also a mix of production shows and comedy in the theatre.

Yes, Princess winds down a bit earlier than some of the other ships. There is a DJ in the Hollywood Comservatory till late - till midnight at least.

As above, 3 x MDRs. We chose Concerto as being more central, and pre-booked on the app. You can always adjust them day by day to suit your plans, but you also have what you think will suit you in reserve when you board. Menus are the same for all of the MDR's.

Other inclusive options:

Snacks at International Cafe 24hrs

Alfredo's pizzeria 11am to 11pm, walk-up

On deck grill (burgers, hot dogs, chips, tacos etc)

On deck Asian noodle bar

My only tip is to do it your way, and there are plenty of options to fit. For your drinks, try everything you want at Good Spirits Bar. Just tell Jhomel & Reny that Geoff & Barbara have set you a challenge to try everything the package will allow for. They are awesome.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, korky1 said:

Hi Geoff   

I like to start my day with an espresso martini and end it with a Toblerone cocktail.  Are these available on Majestic?

Sort of. They can make something akin to a Toblerone, but not on the menus.

When you say start the day, how early? The main bars open at 11am. Bloody Mary's are available, so there must be an early bar somehere.

Espresso Martinis sit just outside the plus drink package, so you pay the excess - $4, I think.  

8 hours ago, korky1 said:

Hi Geoff   

I like to start my day with an espresso martini and end it with a Toblerone cocktail.  Are these available on Majestic?

For breakfast? 

👍🏻😎

An espresso martini is an espresso coffee, vodka and coffee liqueur  served in a martini glass.  It is cold and delicious.  My preferred one a day coffee on cruises

A Toblerone is also served in a martini glass and has Bailey's, frangelico, kahlua and cream with chocolate sprinkled on top.  Now that one is definitely a dessert in a glass, but hey, I only drink them on cruises Ha! Ha!

1 hour ago, korky1 said:

An espresso martini is an espresso coffee, vodka and coffee liqueur  served in a martini glass.  It is cold and delicious.  My preferred one a day coffee on cruises

A Toblerone is also served in a martini glass and has Bailey's, frangelico, kahlua and cream with chocolate sprinkled on top.  Now that one is definitely a dessert in a glass, but hey, I only drink them on cruises Ha! Ha!

My golf club, Club Catalina has Espresso Martini on tap, not a bad brew either @ $10 a glass.

off-the-wood-DSC_56403.jpg

Edited by NSWP