Covered balconies

juliet

12 minutes ago, juliet said:

Is there any topic or posts about covered or open balconies for any of the cruise lines?  It's pretty important to us, as one of us always needs a covered balcony due to health issues.  Thanks in advance.

Could you be  more specific in what you wish to learn?   The majority of balconies are covered, but, because the ship may change direction in relation to the Sun's position in the sky, it is likely that there will be parts of a day when the balcony will not be shaded.  

6 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Could you be  more specific in what you wish to learn?   The majority of balconies are covered, but, because the ship may change direction in relation to the Sun's position in the sky, it is likely that there will be parts of a day when the balcony will not be shaded.  

Thanks for your reply.  I'm aware that the sun will change depending on where you are, but some ships balconies are pretty much covered and some are completely with no covering whatsoever.  That's what I am searching for.  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, juliet said:

Thanks for your reply.  I'm aware that the sun will change depending on where you are, but some ships balconies are pretty much covered and some are completely with no covering whatsoever.  That's what I am searching for.  

Thank you.  I understand your concern.  The Grand Class ships of Princess has balconies arranged in a stairstep arrangement on the sides of the ship and the lowest level of the balcony decks, the balconies are totally uncovered.  

Perhaps, studying the deck plans of the ships in which you are interested and trying to see photos of the exteriors of those ships will help you.  

Are you working with a cruise experienced travel agent?  If not, I strongly suggest that you consider doing so.  The agent ought to be able to provide you with the information you are seeking and, maybe, even better photos of the ships than you will find on the internet.  

25 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Thank you.  I understand your concern.  The Grand Class ships of Princess has balconies arranged in a stairstep arrangement on the sides of the ship and the lowest level of the balcony decks, the balconies are totally uncovered.  

Perhaps, studying the deck plans of the ships in which you are interested and trying to see photos of the exteriors of those ships will help you.  

Are you working with a cruise experienced travel agent?  If not, I strongly suggest that you consider doing so.  The agent ought to be able to provide you with the information you are seeking and, maybe, even better photos of the ships than you will find on the internet.  

Thanks once again.  I've done it all.  Study deck plans, look at different sites, go on YouTube,but but there's very little information surprisingly.  There should be somewhere people can check all the cruise ships as far as balconies.  I do work with a travel agent and she always check for me when I decide on a cruise.  I'm just looking for a site I can check myself before even getting her involved.  I can't be the only one interested in this??

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, juliet said:

Thanks once again.  I've done it all.  Study deck plans, look at different sites, go on YouTube,but but there's very little information surprisingly.  There should be somewhere people can check all the cruise ships as far as balconies.  I do work with a travel agent and she always check for me when I decide on a cruise.  I'm just looking for a site I can check myself before even getting her involved.  I can't be the only one interested in this??

If you look at deck plans and pictures of the ship you should be able to see which deck's balconies are covered by those on upper decks.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, juliet said:

Good for you!  You are doing your research and not just depending on others to do your work for you!  

I know that you are not the only one that has concerns about being in the Sun too long/too much.  (Me too!)  I am unsure what else to suggest.

Maybe if you can narrow your choice of ships to those you are considering and post your question on the Message Board for the cruise line that operates those ships.  Perhaps, that will help you.  I simply don't know of a web site that might have the information you are seeking.  

14 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Good for you!  You are doing your research and not just depending on others to do your work for you!  

I know that you are not the only one that has concerns about being in the Sun too long/too much.  (Me too!)  I am unsure what else to suggest.

Maybe if you can narrow your choice of ships to those you are considering and post your question on the Message Board for the cruise line that operates those ships.  Perhaps, that will help you.  I simply don't know of a web site that might have the information you are seeking.  

Thanks again.  Maybe I should start one : )

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2022 at 5:14 PM, rkacruiser said:

Totally agree.  For example, if Juliet were to ask about shaded balconies on the Celebrity Forum, I would suggest the 8 extra-deep slant balconies on most of the passenger cabin decks of each of the S-Class ships.

• Like 1