Galveston port

createcolorfun

We are cruising out of Galveston in December and the new port should be open.  I'm wondering if anyone knows or has a picture of where it will be in reference to the old port?  I have booked parking and i'm now wondering if i'm going to be walking farther than what i thought?  Thanks

7 minutes ago, createcolorfun said:

We are cruising out of Galveston in December and the new port should be open.  I'm wondering if anyone knows or has a picture of where it will be in reference to the old port?  I have booked parking and i'm now wondering if i'm going to be walking farther than what i thought?  Thanks

The new terminal is about a mile and a half from the old terminal, at least according to Google Maps.  

17 minutes ago, createcolorfun said:

It's approximately a mile plus some from the previous terminal.  We drove down to see the new Royal terminal when we cruised on the Liberty in September.  It's straight down Harborside Dr.

May need to confirm currently booked parking is shuttling to the new terminal.  The parking we've used has always shuttled.  It would be a long walk if parking is close to the old terminal and no shuttle happening. 😐