Parking at Oceania's terminal J in Miami

shepherd really

Just wondering if the convenience of parking at the terminal is worth the premium charged (I know that is a relative judgement, but I'd like to hear some takes on it).  Also, any experiences recently, good bad or indifferent with security and shaded/indoor parking spots at the port.

I'll be driving to Miami the night before embarkation and want to weigh the benefits of parking at the hotel and using Uber or a taxis vs terminal parking.

Wife and I parked there for our 12/21 cruise on Riviera. When she pulled out for the cruise we could see the garage was full. There were cars double parked on the top exposed deck. I think there are 3 covered garage floors. We got there early and parked on the first floor. So when we disembarked we just jumped in and drove back 1250 miles to Iowa. It was worth it for us for security and knowing how easy it was to get our stuff to the ship. But for our upcoming 11/22 Sirena cruise, we're flying to Miami. 🙂

• Like 1

Getting an Uber or taxi when disembarking can be a pain.  That said, if there is space in the garage it is very easy. If time waiting for transport back to a hotel is not an issue it probably would be less expensive to park there and Uber.

• Like 1

Depends on the hotel parking fee & the port fee

Do the math

We parked for over a month a couple of times at Embassy suites   $10 pd   (did not stay there)

Shuttle to the port was $10 PP   taxi back was about $30 

• Like 2

On 10/28/2022 at 11:27 AM, MEFIowa said:

Wife and I parked there for our 12/21 cruise on Riviera. When she pulled out for the cruise we could see the garage was full. There were cars double parked on the top exposed deck. I think there are 3 covered garage floors. We got there early and parked on the first floor. So when we disembarked we just jumped in and drove back 1250 miles to Iowa. It was worth it for us for security and knowing how easy it was to get our stuff to the ship. But for our upcoming 11/22 Sirena cruise, we're flying to Miami. 🙂

This is concerning.  We’ve parked in that lot with no trouble but now I don’t know where to go if it is full for our Jan. 4 cruise.   And I certainly don’t want to risk a double park.  Do they valet at that dock?  Could those be the ones double parked? Anybody else have a issue with parking in J?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pvbgirl said:

...We’ve parked in that lot with no trouble but now I don’t know where to go if it is full for our Jan. 4 cruise.   And I certainly don’t want to risk a double park.  Do they valet at that dock?  Could those be the ones double parked?...

I'll have to walk across the street and take a peek in it on 11/18/22 when we leave there again on Sirena. We had 719 passengers on Riviera on 12/13/21. Most we could have on 11/18/22 is about 650. No idea what happens terminal parking-wise if R or M pulls out with 1250 passengers on board. Sure it depends upon how many actually drove there.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 12:22 PM, LHT28 said:

Depends on the hotel parking fee & the port fee

Do the math

We parked for over a month a couple of times at Embassy suites   $10 pd   (did not stay there)

Shuttle to the port was $10 PP   taxi back was about $30 

Was this at the Embassy Suites Miami Int’l Airport?

30 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Yes

Call & ask if  they still have  non guest parking  & the fee

It's a good deal for a longer cruise but as you said, do the math.  On our 7 day cruise coming up, $22/day at the terminal is $154 + tax and fees.  At $10/day the Embassy Suits is $70 + $20 transfer to the terminal + $30 taxi back to the hotel.  So $154 vs $120. In my case, especially for the convenience, cruise terminal parking makes sense.

1 hour ago, shepherd really said:

It's a good deal for a longer cruise but as you said, do the math.  On our 7 day cruise coming up, $22/day at the terminal is $154 + tax and fees.  At $10/day the Embassy Suits is $70 + $20 transfer to the terminal + $30 taxi back to the hotel.  So $154 vs $120. In my case, especially for the convenience, cruise terminal parking makes sense.

Yes in our case it was 30 + days  so worked for us

Everyone has to do what works for their situation

Now  we just fly down to MIA 😉

• Like 1

I have reserved at Park & Fly at MIA and will Uber from there.  It may not be for everyone, but I am a frequent parker with award days and a discount so for us it's worth it.  As has been said, it's about the math and the convenience factor.