Viking Neptune Status

Kamfish642

Reading the tea leaves: If it counts for anything, the November 17 sailing is still listed on the website and has not completely sold out. If it were completely sold out, I would be worried because "sold out" has multiple meanings in Vikingworld. It can mean exactly what it says or it can be a forewarning of big changes in the wind. Considering that the first sailing is less than a month away, this may be a good sign.

On the other hand, Viking posts a press release in the Media Center (https://www.vikingcruises.com/press/index.html) whenever they take delivery on a new ship; as of this time, no release has been posted. Keep an eye on the media center.

Edited by Peregrina651
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, happydays6 said:

We are booked on the November 24th sailing from Athens to Rome on Viking Neptune. Really looking forward to the cruise as we got the last cabin. Is there a roll call for this cruise?

I haven't found one specifically.  There are a few lumped in with those joining after you get off because it takes off on a world cruise from Barcelona apparently.  We are getting on with you, but staying until Barcelona.  Do you realize the first voyage of this ship departs Istanbul Nov 17?  We are really breaking this one in!!

12 minutes ago, happydays6 said:

We are booked on the November 24th sailing from Athens to Rome on Viking Neptune. Really looking forward to the cruise as we got the last cabin. Is there a roll call for this cruise?

@happydays6 While I don't see a roll call specific to the 24 Nov 2022 Journey to Antiquities (Athens to Rome) sailing on the Neptune, there is a roll call for the collection: Athens to Rome (24 Nov to 1 Dec), Rome to Barcelona (1 Dec to 8 Dec), Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale (8 Dec to 22 Dec):

December 8, 2022 to Ft Lauderdale – Pre World Cruises, includes Athens (Nov 24th), Rome (Dec 1st) & Barcelona (Dec 8th) 

2 hours ago, happydays6 said:

Will also be on this cruise but for 2 weeks (Athens to Barcelona).  There is a "group" roll call.  It includes your week and what looks like the next half year!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, auburnb said:

There are a few lumped in with those joining after you get off because it takes off on a world cruise from Barcelona apparently.

The World Cruise starts official in Ft. Lauderdale. The repositioning of the ship from Istanbul to Athens is being sold in segments and it seems is being marketed as a pre-cruise for the World Cruise.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 3:00 PM, auburnb said:

I haven't found one specifically.  There are a few lumped in with those joining after you get off because it takes off on a world cruise from Barcelona apparently.  We are getting on with you, but staying until Barcelona.  Do you realize the first voyage of this ship departs Istanbul Nov 17?  We are really breaking this one in!!

We are also doing the Athens to Barcelona trip.  I can hardly wait!  I sure hope the Neptune is ready.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, miwakaly said:

We are also doing the Athens to Barcelona trip.  I can hardly wait!  I sure hope the Neptune is ready.

Have you figured out what you are doing for the day we are in port at Civitadecci?  We are looking at a private tour to Rome for about 8 hours but the price goes way down per person if there are 4-6 instead of just two.  Interested?

On 10/29/2022 at 7:56 PM, Peregrina651 said:

The World Cruise starts official in Ft. Lauderdale. The repositioning of the ship from Istanbul to Athens is being sold in segments and it seems is being marketed as a pre-cruise for the World Cruise.

Oops. Sorry. Senior moment. I meant to type Istanbul to Ft. Lauderdale. 😖

2 hours ago, Traveler456 said:

On the Athens to Barcelona cruise will Viking offer any shore excursions to Rome (Civitaveccia)?

Viking does have shore-ex at that port. If nothing is showing in MVJ, I'll suggest that is a question for the Shore-Ex Manager once onboard.

1 hour ago, Traveler456 said:

On the Athens to Barcelona cruise will Viking offer any shore excursions to Rome (Civitaveccia)?

For arriving and departing guests, there are no shorex available day on a turnover day. However, if you are a continuing guest, then it is possible that options will be presented to you once you are on the ship -- at least that is how it happened for us a few years (prior to Covid).

If you are there overnight, there will definitely be tours offered to Rome. You can check it out on the Viking website, on the description for the itinerary you taking, if there is no information on MVJ (MyVikingJourney.com).

18 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

For arriving and departing guests, there are no shorex available day on a turnover day. However, if you are a continuing guest, then it is possible that options will be presented to you once you are on the ship -- at least that is how it happened for us a few years (prior to Covid).

If you are there overnight, there will definitely be tours offered to Rome. You can check it out on the Viking website, on the description for the itinerary you taking, if there is no information on MVJ (MyVikingJourney.com).

There was nothing in MVJ and when I called to ask, I was told nothing was available.  There may be something offered once onboard but I'm looking at private tours and looking for people to join us.  There are several that give you 7-8 hours (it's an hour each way) with drivebys of many spots and let you off at the Colloseum and the Vatican for more time there.  Since these are priced by the vehicle, costs go down if we have 4 or 6 instead of 2.  (nearly $400 each for two, $250 or more for 4, and about $200 for 6).   Please let me know if you are interested--maybe we can join together?

On 10/30/2022 at 9:59 PM, auburnb said:

Have you figured out what you are doing for the day we are in port at Civitadecci?  We are looking at a private tour to Rome for about 8 hours but the price goes way down per person if there are 4-6 instead of just two.  Interested?

We haven't even looked at Rome yet, believe it or not.  Hubs wants to wait and see if he just wants to use that day to rest up from the other stops.  Thanks for the offer, and I'll keep it in mind!   Sorry to not have a firm answer now. 

Where in Kansas are you?  My dad grew up in SW Kansas during the Depression/Dust Bowl years.

4 hours ago, auburnb said:

There was nothing in MVJ and when I called to ask, I was told nothing was available.  There may be something offered once onboard but I'm looking at private tours and looking for people to join us.  There are several that give you 7-8 hours (it's an hour each way) with drivebys of many spots and let you off at the Colloseum and the Vatican for more time there.

If you are looking for people to share a private tour, the best  place to do it is on the Roll Call for your sailing.