Embarkation day lunch on Joy?

Turtles06

20 minutes ago, trivimp said:

They'll try to steer you to the buffet, but one of the MDRs will be open; just ask which one.  The Local will also be open, but it's always been quite crowded in my experience.  

Thanks! (I always resist being steered to the buffet, hence my question. 😂)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

For guests not in the Haven, what are the options for lunch on embarkation day besides the buffet? Taste or Savor? The Local?

Thanks for any info!

This is hit or miss.  The buffet is your best bet just don't expect a great meal.  Just tasty.  Safe your appetite for dinner.  I always book the Cagney's for dinner the first night if I am not in the Haven.  The more important question is where to get a nice drink for the sail-a-way, LOL.  

The one thing I can promise you.  You will never go hungry on a cruise especially NCL. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

6 hours ago, trivimp said:

but one of the MDRs will be open; just ask which one

Don't really need to ask.  The two MDR's they'd use (Taste and Savor) are in the same place on the ship, one on either side of the ship.  Just need to go to that location and see which one has people sitting in it.  Sometimes it'll be both if they're busy enough.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

For guests not in the Haven, what are the options for lunch on embarkation day besides the buffet? Taste or Savor? The Local?

The Local and the buffet are the two options immediately available if you're among the first to board.  Taste and Savor open a bit later (noonish depending on itinerary) and are your better options.  Personally, on my last cruise, I'd skipped breakfast and was ready to gnaw my arm off, so I went to The Local.  It was edible.

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Nobody has ever tried to steer me anywhere for lunch.  Who are "they?"

The Illuminati, of course!

Edited by phillygwm
  • Haha 1