Would you choose Oceania versus Regent?

silversneakers

Enjoy reading everyone's views on O. As cruisers working on 55th, the size, cuisine and staff has us working on our 10th O cruise since the Pandemic ending. Due to O's loyalty program, this means no more gratuities (so thankful). We've booked 10 more through 2025 while on-board to take advantage of low DP and extra OBC.

Most of the observations are spot on except we find O Excursions work for us for two big reasons: We won't be left if we're late for any reason and on extended Cruises we always take Your World (25% discount) and use OBC to offset even more cost. 

Goodbye Celebrity, RCCL and NCL and those expensive lines listed is this thread. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 3:44 PM, RetiredandTravel said:

...we have been looking at the premium package, doesn't really save money (breakeven?) just easier.   If we have a penthouse suite on Oceania and get dinner in the room I was wondering if they will give you a bottle of "package" wines.  

I have had room service in a Penthouse on Oceania, and we also had the Premiere Drinks package, and a couple times our butler found it easier to bring us a bottle rather than have to come back 3-4 times with additional glasses of wine...  I never asked for it because it is "against the rules", and I'm not much on flagrant rule violating, but I think you can ease into it by asking "any way you could bring us each 2 glasses of the [syrah]?" and see what he says/does.  It's not like those bottles are very expensive.  Went on Regent just once (thus far) earlier this year and also had a butler bring us a bottle when we had room service; again, it's easier than running back and forth several times...

Edited by Clutj
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Clutj said:

I have had room service in a Penthouse on Oceania, and we also had the Premiere Drinks package, and a couple times our butler found it easier to bring us a bottle rather than have to come back 3-4 times with additional glasses of wine...  I never asked for it because it is "against the rules", and I'm not much on flagrant rule violating, but I think you can ease into it by asking "any way you could bring us each 2 glasses of the [syrah]?" and see what he says/does.  It's not like those bottles are very expensive.  Went on Regent just once (thus far) earlier this year and also had a butler bring us a bottle when we had room service; again, it's easier than running back and forth several times...

@Clutj Thank for sharing this information with us.  I find this fun information, smart information and interesting information.  My only experience with a cruise brand above Main Stream was August 2021, on the now defunct Crystal Cruises Ocean Cruise.  I was in a Penthouse Suite.  That was an unique surprise because at the time, the ships were only 50% or less filled.  So I was upgraded to the Penthouse complementary and then paid a reasonable fee for a Penthouse Suite. Long story on the upgrades for another post.  

Our butler asked me what I liked to drink and what my wife liked.  I like Grey Goose Cherry Noir or Grey Goose Lemon.  My wife only drinks Chardonnay.  After our butler meeting, day one, which I had never had before.  15 minutes later, a litter of Grey Goose Lemon was on my in suite bar and two bottle of Chardonnay was in the ice bucket.  I would think, Regents would provide the same benefit based on the investment.  It surprises me they don't. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

@Clutj Thank for sharing this information with us.  I find this fun information, smart information and interesting information.  My only experience with a cruise brand above Main Stream was August 2021, on the now defunct Crystal Cruises Ocean Cruise.  I was in a Penthouse Suite.  That was an unique surprise because at the time, the ships were only 50% or less filled.  So I was upgraded to the Penthouse complementary and then paid a reasonable fee for a Penthouse Suite. Long story on the upgrades for another post.  

Our butler asked me what I liked to drink and what my wife liked.  I like Grey Goose Cherry Noir or Grey Goose Lemon.  My wife only drinks Chardonnay.  After our butler meeting, day one, which I had never had before.  15 minutes later, a litter of Grey Goose Lemon was on my in suite bar and two bottle of Chardonnay was in the ice bucket.  I would think, Regents would provide the same benefit based on the investment.  It surprises me they don't. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

I believe  any cabin on Crystal could get  a bottle or 2 of what they drink  for their cabin

We did not bother  as we prefer to be out  & about