Carnival buffet tips

havanadaydreaming

9 hours ago, lasvegascruising said:

TANDOOR, best food ever!!  I truly wish Carnival would bring it back to a bunch of the ships.  Why, oh why, did it go away?

I wish it was there too. If I had to guess, I'd say it's because Indian food doesn't have mass appeal in the US.

• Like 3

Seems like an odd move. I'd have to say in all the years we've been cruising, the one ethnic group I've seen steadily enjoying the experience in more and more numbers are Indians (from the U.S.). Having more Indian food is a win-win for them and for the rest of us who have never had the pleasure of being exposed to this tasty exotic cuisine. 

If it weren't for cruising, there would be so many types of food that I would not have ever tried in my life out of the fear of the unknown.

Edited by Island Dog
  • Like 1

I believe they replaced it with for pay seafood.  In the mdr you can request Indian food with meat the day before and they will make it for you.

just off ncl cruise and the buffet had Indian food everyday lunch and dinner. I always had some. Yum

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I thought I remembered a kiosk called "Tandoor" on Breeze, up on Lido.  Not there on the deck plans.  It was pretty yummy!

Tandoor was on a couple ships we've sailed, but can't remember which ones. It appears that area has been replace with the Seafood spot (for extra$$)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, geovet said:

just off ncl cruise and the buffet had Indian food everyday lunch and dinner. I always had some. Yum

Going on Bliss at the end of November. Will look for this!

I loved the Indian for on Carnival ships in the past. I did notice on Miracle they had an "asian selections" area where there was often Indian food.

On 10/30/2022 at 7:29 AM, havanadaydreaming said:

*cake options at lunch far superior to dinner dessert options 

We were on a carnival cruise earlier this year.  This had me baffled too.  I skipped desert in the MDR specifically because I had seen the desert options at the buffet during lunch.  I was very disappointed that the dinner time offering didn't compare.   

22 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

The buffet coffee is usually terrible. Now, don't scoff at this, but they do have Nescafe instant coffee.

Americans have been trained to be adverse to instant coffee, but it's very common in much of Europe and it's really pretty good. Little bit of experimenting between amounts and you cream/sugar combo, you can beat the premade monster pot coffee. 

We were on the Sunshine last week. The Lido coffee is strong but not bad, we preferred it over the MDR coffee.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ober134 said:

I agree the lunch time cake buffet is pretty great. Funfetti cheesecake served only on embarkation day is THE BEST dessert of the week.

My favorite is the Key Lime Cheesecake.  Delicious and sugar free.

Hi 🙂

For those who mentioned Indian food, Carnival Splendor has a dedicated spot called Masala Tiger.

As of right now, Masala Tiger is only available on Splendor. I miss Tandoor as well. However Masala Tiger is terrific replacement.

Info located @:

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/masala-tiger

20221028-151816.jpg

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/31/2022 at 3:40 PM, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi 🙂

For those who mentioned Indian food, Carnival Splendor has a dedicated spot called Masala Tiger.

As of right now, Masala Tiger is only available on Splendor. I miss Tandoor as well. However Masala Tiger is terrific replacement.

Info located @:

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/masala-tiger

20221028-151816.jpg

YES!!!    I checked Splendor sailings...looks like I gotta book a flight to Aussie to get my Indian vibe on. 

• Like 1