Oslo to Minneapolis question

stcroixguy

In May/June We are flying home from Oslo to Minneapolis after a cruise.  In looking at airlines, I am wondering if we change planes in Amsterdam, do we need to go through customs?  Also how much time should be allowed to change planes.  We plan on flying Delta.  I looked on the thread but couldn’t find the answer to my question, so I apologize in advance if it is here somewhere.  

You are travelling from Schengen to non-Schengen area with a connecting stop within the Schengen area, so yes you'll need to clear passport control at the connecting airport.  The Oslo-Amsterdam or Oslo-Paris flight is treated effectively as a domestic flight.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Selion said:

You are travelling from Schengen to non-Schengen area with a connecting stop within the Schengen area, so yes you'll need to clear passport control at the connecting airport.  The Oslo-Amsterdam or Oslo-Paris flight is treated effectively as a domestic flight.

This.

Last month we flew (on Delta) from Bergen through Amsterdam to the US. In Amsterdam, we had to go through passport control but not customs. 

I would allow at least 3 hours to connect in Amsterdam. That’s what we did, and we barely made our plane due to delays leaving Bergen and long lines in Amsterdam. 

Edited by Twitchly

Amsterdam is a hot mess these days. And as others have said you will have to go through passport control there. The good news is they do have a line at passport control for short connections. So if you are within one hour of your flight departure time an attendant will let you into that line and they rush you through. But I’d still want 3 or more hours to feel safe. 

Last July we made it from arrival of STO flight to lounge for MSP flight in under an hour…BUT we were lucky, ….very short line at passport control. I would definitely allow three hours….I have changed at AMS in the past when that many were necessary.