Cabin change if upgrade bid not accepted?

cali-croozer

The terms and conditions for the upgrade bidding process says you will stay in your "original category" if your bid is not accepted.  That is different from your original room and makes me think twice about trying to bid for an upgrade. Has this happened to anyone...you didn't get the upgrade and they changed your original cabin? 🤔 

4 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

if you had chosen a room or a gty was already assigned to you, you will stay in your cabin.

They mean - if a bid for a different category is not accepted, you will stay in your current category. Which is pretty obvious.

Yes, I chose a cabin....

You shouldn't have to worry if they don't take/accept your bid.

The real catch is that your bid could be accepted, and you would be upgraded, but the new cabin assignment can be located anywhere on the ship.  Your upgraded cabin assignment is already made, immediately upon Princess accepting that bid.   For example I would not want to be far forward, or over/under a loud venue.  That kind of thing.   The cabin assignment if they accept your bid might be the only concern.  

If your bid is accepted, it is supposed to be a done deal.  But, from what is being posted here, the upgrade comes with a notice that tells you to PAY the bid price for the upgrade.  My thoughts are that if, IF, you did not like the new cabin assignment and did not see other cabins in that exact category available, that if you were to be able to get out of the upgrade at that point, your current cabin could be taken.  In that case, you would not be able to get that same cabin back.

I don't think anyone has heard of somebody NOT paying for the bid.  But just wonder if, or how, that would work.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

I don't think anyone has heard of somebody NOT paying for the bid.  But just wonder if, or how, that would work.

I wondered what would happen. My bid was accepted today. When I went online to make the payment, I noticed the new cabin number was already reflected on the Cruise Personalizer--before I completed the payment. I checked and my previous cabin was back in inventory for someone else to book.

Getting a cabin I did not want was a possibility. There are four obstructed view cabins at the front of the Caribbean on the Lido Deck. 

• Thanks 1