Noisy cabin, what to do?

david891

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Ships sailing full always have some empty cabins. Cabins can be taken out of service based on a predetermined maintenance schedule (i.e. changing out worn out mattresses, etc.), or when a guest doesn't make the sailing and may not be immediately visible to a front of the house GS staffer. We had an issue on one cruise where the people in the neighboring cabin enjoyed vaping THC on their balcony, and the hotel staff "moved" them to a different cabin and the one next door became empty for the rest of the cruise. Vacant cabins can be "pressed" into service if needed for an issue that can't be resolved with passengers inhabiting the affected cabin in the way.

Did you actually read the comment I was replying to?

3 hours ago, SilkySal said:

In connecting cabins, there will be 2 doors, one on your side and one on the other. The blanket would be place in between those 2 doors and not visible inside either cabin. Cheers!

Unless the cabin layout was changed for Symphony.

Ok. The postings above and on two active related threads, it was said that there was only one door between the two connecting cabins based on their experience. Hence, there was easier issue for noise between the 2 cabins. But, I see that you posted that when you said a few years ago, the Lee were 2 doors. The two posters that were on oasis, said it was one door. Have you remembered which ship you sailed on that had 2 doors? I havent seen any posts from Symphony guests yet to comment on their experience with connecting cabins. So, I assumed that the setup on Symphony might he similar to Oasis unleashed they took into consideration complaints from prior guests to change it from one door to 2. Thanks

3 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

People all tend to post and remember the troublesome events but fewer are apt comment on all the quiet, unremarkable  nights. On an upcoming cruise, I selected a connecting JS in an excellent location (hump) over a nonconnecting JS in a less desirable location, though I’ll swap to a nonconnecting JS in a great location if one comes available. 

One more thought: As you are concerned about connecting door noise, perhaps pack plenty of strong magnetic hooks so a comforter or mattress pad could be hung directly in front of the door to muffle any noise, if needed.  I have not tried it, but it seem like it might help.  And the magnets are handy for other things.

Thanks. I just received my magnet order this week. Thx

20 hours ago, blueslily said:

Hi there, we are booked on a cruise next month on the Symphony and have connecting cabins that I'm concerned about. The people in the other cabin are not with us so I dont want to hear noise from that cabin.  I'm working on changing, but nothing is available now. I will keep checking. But, question about the blanket technique you mentioned. Do you know if her put blankets on both sides of the door OR just inside your cabin? Also, which ship were you on? Thx.

He placed the blankets between the doors, and we were on the Allure.

19 hours ago, blueslily said:

Have you remembered which ship you sailed on that had 2 doors? I havent seen any posts from Symphony guests yet to comment on their experience with connecting cabins. So, I assumed that the setup on Symphony might he similar to Oasis unleashed they took into consideration complaints from prior guests to change it from one door to 2. Thanks

Sorry, I can't remember. Too many cruises ago and I've slept since then.😆

On 11/1/2022 at 2:27 AM, david891 said:

Asked to speak to hotel director but told “he doesn’t speak to guests”.

We were in interior on Liberty and it was right under the ladies room in Centrum deck 4.  Couldn't sleep at all because the cleaning crew came in every night around 3:00am!  We were polite and friendly at Guest Services, and after the HOtel Director came into our cabin during the middle of the night to assess, they heard all the commotion.  Upshot....they moved us into one of the brand new balcony cabins forward they added to Liberty during her refurb.  Big surprise!  I would've politely pressed for a move.

Oh I forgot our family reunion cruise as well, my son/DIL in an interior way at aft of ship and she couldn't sleep because of the vibration of the rotors, we went and again politely asked if they could move us to a more central interior...lo and behold, they assigned them a balcony..another terrific surprise.  RCCL has never failed to provide service above and beyond for us.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

on Ovation in 2019 I was in an inside room next to white space.

Well, it turned out to be the crew stairwell and also dirty dish area.  And for some reason they like to lean at 1am - 2am as well as run up and down those steps.

So after a couple of nights, I complained and it took 2 tries before they put a sign up for crew to NOT run and not Vacuum after 11pm.

5 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Not true. There might be a cabin with no one in it at one time or another, but they are for rotating entertainment. 100% full is full.

Nope. There are always empty cabins available as a contingency for ship happens. Standard practice in the hotel industry, and cruise ships are essentially floating hotels managed by hotel managers who cut their teeth landside.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/6/2022 at 11:03 AM, orville99 said:

Ships sailing full always have some empty cabins. Cabins can be taken out of service based on a predetermined maintenance schedule (i.e. changing out worn out mattresses, etc.), or when a guest doesn't make the sailing and may not be immediately visible to a front of the house GS staffer. We had an issue on one cruise where the people in the neighboring cabin enjoyed vaping THC on their balcony, and the hotel staff "moved" them to a different cabin and the one next door became empty for the rest of the cruise. Vacant cabins can be "pressed" into service if needed for an issue that can't be resolved with passengers inhabiting the affected cabin in the way.

Agree, the ships always leave a specific number of cabins empty in the event that a maintenance issue comes with a cabin and they have to move someone. We had an issue in the past where we were offered a replacement cabin and guest services is the ones who told us they always leave some cabins opens for unexpected issues.

• Haha 1