Noisy cabin, what to do?

david891

Hello, I am D+ and currently on Wonder.

I am on deck 14, JS, right underneath the main pool. For the last 2 nights not been able to sleep from what seems to be crew throwing chairs at 2am, 4am and 7am.

Spoke to guest services and asked if there was another JS perhaps spare on a diff deck/location but they said even if there is spare JS we cannot move as already used our current cabin.

Asked to speak to hotel director but told “he doesn’t speak to guests”.

At a loss with what else I can do 😞 does anyone have any suggestions? 

Thank you 

That is definitely not correct that you cannot move to a new cabin if there is an issue after using your original cabin.

Be persistent with this, the simple solution would seem to be for the staff to be a bit more considerate with the loungers and I'd be back at guest services making a nuisance of myself until resolved either way.

You may find a second visit may get you someone who may be a bit more helpful at guest services.

Hope you get this sorted. 

• Like 3

The most offensive item that you mentioned is the staff comment that the Hotel Director "doesn't speak to guests."  If that's really true, then it reflects poorly on RCI that executives wall themselves off from those that keep them in business-- especially given your loyalty as D+

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, PWP-001 said:

The most offensive item that you mentioned is the staff comment that the Hotel Director "doesn't speak to guests."  If that's really true, then it reflects poorly on RCI that executives wall themselves off from those that keep them in business-- especially given your loyalty as D+

Agreed, the only thing I can think of with a comment like that is there is a procedure to go through speaking to guest services first and having the issue escalated up the chain before involving the Hotel Director if his staff cannot resolve.

The way it was worded though in the response to the guest was terrible 😒

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PWP-001 said:

Yes that is not true.  We just got off Adventure and had an issue in our suite.  We went down to guest services and asked to have the hotel director call us.  He came to our cabin, along with the chief housekeeper and assistant housekeeper and also the gues services manager.

• Like 1

We always book suites that are under the pool deck and know that we might have some noise form above, but about the worst we've experienced is the crew cleaning and moving deck chairs around 6:00am at the earliest. Anything earlier than that is ridiculous and I'd be looking to have it addressed.  I agree with others - talk to the Diamond concierge or even the Loyalty Ambassador.  

4 hours ago, PWP-001 said:

And without guests, the Hotel Director wouldn't have a job!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Assuming it hasn't happened yet, corner the hotel director before/during/after the top tier party.

I was thinking exactly the same thing - I did that with a Rollins executive at a major home show back in the 80s when we had spent thousands on the first wireless alarm system that ended up creating havoc in our world. Worked like a charm 😇😂

Edited by AlohaLivin

We used the D concierge to resolve our noise issue on Odyssey. Our JS door was right by a water tight door that separated us from new staff who were in quarantine.  That door banged shut all through the first 2 nights.  We were very nice about and asked if they could put a sign on it or something to let us sleep. ( I use a sound machine and that didn’t begin to damper the sound.)

We were moved within the hour.  I know that’s not always possible and we didn’t ask for it.  The DH can sleep through anything but once I get awakened, I’m often awake for hours.  I just wanted some sleep.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, david891 said:

I am on deck 14, JS, right underneath the main pool. For the last 2 nights not been able to sleep from what seems to be crew throwing chairs at 2am, 4am and 7am.

Spoke to guest services and asked if there was another JS perhaps spare on a diff deck/location but they said even if there is spare JS we cannot move as already used our current cabin.

Thank you 

I think what you were told is baloney.  If there is a cabin available they can move you.   We once had a situation with equipment noises in our cabin and were moved within an hour of asking.  I would go back and ask again to be moved.  

12 hours ago, david891 said:

Thank you 

Please send M Bayley an email emphasizing this two statements from GS.

I'm sure the hotel director will be looking for you after a quick call from shore offices. 

• Like 2

On any RCI ship we've been on if there was any problem with our cabin the Hotel Director has come by personally. We had a sewage smell recently on Jewel and he came by often to check on us. Same with recently on Explorer a lighting problem and he also came personally. We've been very impressed with the attention to detail our cabin stewards have had on passing concerns not only to the Hotel Director but our SL concierge as well. Also we were offered a nice FCC $$ for the inconvenience we had on Jewel. WOW didn't even ask for it !!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

I'm sure the hotel director will be looking for you after a quick call from shore offices. 

If you do that he might be getting off the ship too on your final destination. Watch your tires when leaving the port.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

.. may i have a word wit youu ?  😉

TONYSOP.jpg

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, david891 said:

Thank you 

You are D+ so that means you have cruised a lot.  I would think you would understand the problem with booking under anything other than another cabin.

The cleaning crews can only do their job on the pool deck when it is empty.  Other than moving you to another cabin (which they are not obligated to do) what would you have them do….have the crews stop working so you can sleep?

I am sorry you are having a problem but having a fit with everyone onboard for a room you chose yourself  is a bit much.  Next time select a better cabin….

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, david891 said:

Thank you 

Be firm, insist to speak to the hotel director and insist they move you.  Forget the concierge, go through hotel director.  If they don’t want you to speak with them, then they should just move you.

2 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

for a room you chose yourself  is a bit much

The post didn't indicate if the OP chose it or not.

But imagine telling someone who isn't able to sleep at night on their vacation that it's their problem and to not bother the cruise line with it as (from your own words) they're "not obligated to do so."

guest services exists for a reason, and RCL has a vested interest in helping their customer (especially one who is D+ with them).

• Like 6