Slip Slidin’ away - NEW Water Slide

popper

For those who follow SeaDream Yacht Club on Facebook, did you see the Water Slide photo, part of the Modernization?  Who will be the first to post that they have done the slide?  If someone has already posted their experience, please let me know where I can find the post. 

I leave home in a week to join SDII for its repositioning cruise.  One can only wonder as we sail towards warmer seas if they will have the slide available!

I plan to publish a travel logue, so stay tuned!

22 minutes ago, TrapperZimmy said:

Looking forward to your reports, Dan.  If they have an ocean swim, would you please post the longitude and latitude.  I'm very curious as to where they do it.

Absolutely!  I think it's going to be a lean cruise.  Deck 4 staterooms seem to be unoccupied, maybe for covid??

On 11/7/2022 at 4:23 PM, Host Dan said:

Absolutely!  I think it's going to be a lean cruise.  Deck 4 staterooms seem to be unoccupied, maybe for covid??

We were on SDII last spring for B2B cruises before they headed transatlantic from San Juan. Both of our cruises were quite full. They did a covid at the dock before boarding and if it was positive, you needed to be checked by the doctor. Since the doctor was doing the covid swabs, I don't know what happened, but there were a few positives. After that, we had to look at a monitor on the reception desk every morning, and facial recognition would identify us and record our temperature. I don't know what happened if you had a fever since we never did.

I doubt that the unoccupied staterooms on deck 4 is due to covid. Quarantine cabins are normally on the lowest deck. We heard that there were quarantine cabins on deck 2, and someone who was staying on that deck told us that food was being delivered to one of them for several days before those guests left the ship.

If I were going to take a transatlantic on either SD ship, I would book a commodore suite on deck 3. I'm prone to seasickness, and even if you're not, deck 4 feels the waves a lot more than deck 3 (having felt the waves on both decks on our past Caribbean cruises). We really liked our commodore suite on deck 3 on our spring cruise. It felt really spacious, and the 2 bathrooms was a big plus when it came to showering after an excursion, or when getting ready for dinner.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a B2B on SD2.  The water slide was inflated on several days when we were allowed to use the marina.  It is set up over the portside rail by the pool.  Those who went down really enjoyed it, going head first, feet first, and doing flips.  Captain Charles (omg will you love him) had the best form on the slide.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...