First Princess Cruise - Alaska 2024

PrincessArlena'sDad

We're a family of 5, and hoping to book when dates are released, so we're doing a lot of research fast!

Based on 2023 itineraries, we're looking at a Sapphire Princess cruisetour.  

I see on the deck plans that the ship has two family suites for 6, but I can't find a sailing that has these cabins available. I'm guessing they go fast.

How hard is it to book these cabins? And, how much more would it be to be in one of these (or would it be cheaper?), as opposed to us being split up into 2 cabins?

29 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

We're a family of 5, and hoping to book when dates are released, so we're doing a lot of research fast!

Based on 2023 itineraries, we're looking at a Sapphire Princess cruisetour.  

I see on the deck plans that the ship has two family suites for 6, but I can't find a sailing that has these cabins available. I'm guessing they go fast.

How hard is it to book these cabins? And, how much more would it be to be in one of these (or would it be cheaper?), as opposed to us being split up into 2 cabins?

It will almost certainly be more expensive than 2 cabins.  They can only be booked over the phone, so you can't see availability online.

• Thanks 1

I don't know about the family suites, but we book a balcony & inside across the hall from each other for 3 people for the same price or less than a mini-suite so I would guess that the family suite would be much more than 2 rooms...any suite will go very fast & Platinum members get to book a day before everyone else so I would not count on getting one of the family suites...I would suggest a good local TA who knows Princess to help you navigate this process.

Edited by travelin.sisters
typo
  • Thanks 1

If you do 2 balconies you can open the balcony door to allow access & you can get everyone's Medallion to open both rooms...I would recommend @harryfat1s Cheepo Dad thread about his family's trip to Alaska for tons of great info about Alaska & traveling with a family group it's long but really good: 

• Thanks 1

We got quotes from our travel agent for a 2022 Alaska Cruisetour on the day after they went on sale.  We were a family of 6 and the price for the 2 bedroom family suite for the 11 Day Denali Explorer EB4 was $21,850 on the Grand Princess and $22,628 on the Sapphire Princess.  Both of cruises were at the end of June.  

We received quotes for the same cruisetour on the Grand Princess for 3 people in a cabin also.

Inside 3 people $8,308 total

Outside 3 people $10,008 total

Balcony 3 people $10,608 total

I thought the price for the family suite was reasonable compared to 2 balcony cabins.  If we had been 2 adults and 4 children we would have booked the family suite.  We were 5 adults and 1 child so we opted for a mini-suite for my mother, adult daughter, and son and an inside cabin across the hall for my husband, adult son, and myself.  My mother tends to get annoyed with us so we decided it would be better to have two separate cabins.

If you get 2 cabins you will be paying full price for 4 people and only 1 will receive the discounted fare so the family suite may not cost that much more.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I read somewhere... don't remember where... Nov 8. I have no clue if this was reliable info. 

in a few days we will know...the Hawai'i were released very late this year as they figured out the Asia schedules, but Alaska should not be very much impacted by that