US Military Appreciation Program - 10% off in 2023 and beyond

Seas2mountains

Thank you, NCL! Our military family is so excited about this discount.

Military Appreciation Program
Booking Window: November 2, 2022 - Capacity Controlled
Applicable sailings: Fleetwide - 3+ night sailings - January 1, 2023 and beyond

Offer valid for active members, veterans, spouses and surviving spouses of the following branches of the United States military: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Space Force and National Guard. After verifying your eligibility with ID.me, receive 10% off your Norwegian Cruise Line cruise fare for eligible sailings. Discount taken at checkout. Excludes taxes, service charges and previous purchases. Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify this offer at any time. Void where taxed, restricted, or otherwise prohibited. Providing fictitious, incorrect, or false information may result in termination of your account. All decisions concerning eligibility or interpretation of whether someone is entitled to participate in this program or receive a discount or benefit shall be subject to Norwegian Cruise Line’s sole discretion.

Go to https://www.ncl.com/military for more information.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Seas2mountains said:

This is brand new for NCL. It started today. 🙂

Just read the details and some of the FAQs. This is definitely a good thing! 😁

You save 10% off the cruise fare portion of any cruise for sailings beginning 1/1/23. To make it even sweeter, this discount is in addition to Norwegian’s Free at Sea promotion which includes unlimited open bar, free specialty dining, free excursions, free airfare^ and more. It is also combinable with other promotions that are available, but subject to change.

24 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Just asked my TA if this could be applied to my 2024 cruise.

I'll let you know.

Assuming the offer is still good in 2024, you should be good for it since you are not past final payment.   It would just be like a price drop on your room.  

1 hour ago, purplecow15 said:

Does anyone know if this discount can be taken off already booked cruises?

It does not. I’ve been going round and round all morning trying to get it applied to a booking I made back in June for a sailing AFTER 1/1/2023. So you’ll need to cancel and rebook. Seems foolish to have to do it this way. Told terms are for bookings after 11/3. Luckily for me the price went down. If your price went up, May not be worth it (if over 10%). 

now I can’t rebook until my cruise next Crete are returned to account.   Silly. 

I specifically appreciate NCL offering this program to dependents. My military husband does not cruise therefore I could never apply any cruise line’s military discount, as the active member wasn’t in the room. It’s nice to see dependents being recognized as well! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

Offer valid for active members, veterans, spouses and surviving spouses of the following branches of the United States military: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Space Force and National Guard. After verifying your eligibility with ID.me, receive 10% off your Norwegian Cruise Line cruise fare for eligible sailings. 

In order to receive this offer you must verify your eligibility with ID.me first.  Recently a theme park near us was giving free tickets to veterans so I was going to apply.  The form required extensive personal information including branch of service, date of service, service number, social security number, etc.  I decided not to complete the application after all.  I understand certain facts are needed for verification but I also hesitate providing that much personal knowledge to a third party website.  I wasn't worth it to me for the theme park tickets but may reconsider when we book our next cruise.

18 minutes ago, farjar said:

In order to receive this offer you must verify your eligibility with ID.me first.  

It was easy to do the ID.ME thingy. i didnt have to give my SS# or service # only branch rank and any date during my service years. I got confirmation right away. Then you have to agree to give the info to NCL I booked today for January Paid the whole thing but got the 10%

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, farjar said:

In order to receive this offer you must verify your eligibility with ID.me first.  Recently a theme park near us was giving free tickets to veterans so I was going to apply.  The form required extensive personal information including branch of service, date of service, service number, social security number, etc.  I decided not to complete the application after all.  I understand certain facts are needed for verification but I also hesitate providing that much personal knowledge to a third party website.  I wasn't worth it to me for the theme park tickets but may reconsider when we book our next cruise.

I've used ID.ME for several years.  Works quite well and it's much better, more secure, and requires less information than sending them a copy of your DD214.  It's really quite painless once you've set up your account. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

Offer valid for active members, veterans, spouses and surviving spouses of the following branches of the United States military: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Space Force and National Guard. After verifying your eligibility with ID.me, receive 10% off your Norwegian Cruise Line cruise fare for eligible sailings. Discount taken at checkout. Excludes taxes, service charges and previous purchases. Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify this offer at any time. Void where taxed, restricted, or otherwise prohibited. Providing fictitious, incorrect, or false information may result in termination of your account. All decisions concerning eligibility or interpretation of whether someone is entitled to participate in this program or receive a discount or benefit shall be subject to Norwegian Cruise Line’s sole discretion.

Thanks for the post.  Because of this post I checked my Prima cruise and found a $1400 price drop.  Still working the military discount.

• Like 2

My TA was able to do a repricing rather than a cancel and rebook for our cruises in Dec 2023, and we were able to retain all the promotions from when we originally booked.  Maybe this is a case of call again and a different person can reprice you instead of cancel/rebook.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, sailingships said:

It was easy to do the ID.ME thingy. i didnt have to give my SS# or service # only branch rank and any date during my service years. I got confirmation right away. Then you have to agree to give the info to NCL I booked today for January Paid the whole thing but got the 10%

How did you get around not giving your SS# if I might ask?

Edited by Ken the cruiser

DH is a veteran, so we signed him right up through ID.me yesterday after we received the email from NCL.  We have a Aug.,2023 cruise booked.  I had our NCL cruise consultant check and unfortunately the price for our stateroom has increased, so if we were to cancel and rebook for the same sailing in the same cabin category, the increase in fare from when we booked would be just about the same as the 10% military discount being applied.  Not worth it.  The consultant said she will watch the fares and let us know.

Oh well, we tried!

54 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

How did you get around not giving your SS# if I might ask?

I dont do anything online that requires so much. I did the IDME thingy because it didnt need much to find me as a prior military member. I had confirmation right away. However years ago I faxed my DD214 to another cruise line so maybe the info was already online etc. The document had the SS# and a couple of other things blacked out at that time  Im sure NCL will require our VA cards as part of our docs to board.

Edited by sailingships
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We saved almost $4000. on an upcoming Panama Canal cruise between the 10% Military and the now 50% (instead of 40%) off discounts! We did not have to re book and we have kept all our previous perks.

We signed up on the real ID from NCL and did not have to input SSN. It took no time and we were approved immediately. Years ago when they had the military program we did give them a copy of the DD214 perhaps they still have a record of it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, candygirl27540 said:

Our date are pre 1971 so that's not it!

Another guess might be ID.ME shares data with other trusted databases, such as login.gov or DS Login, to name a few. Maybe in some of those "behind the scenes" databases a person's SS# may be present. Obviously, in my case even though ID.ME knew my email address and phone number, they didn't have access to my SS#.

No worries. I've been doing some checking and ID.ME appears to be a pretty secure system. So when the time comes to book another NCL cruise, we'll both definitely register as my DW is also retired military.

• Like 1