Question on Move Up Offer

annenic

We have a balcony cabin booked for our cruise on Eclipse in December - it includes premium drink package and gratuities.  I have put in an offer for an upgrade to Concierge Class. So, my question is:  If I happen to win that move-up, do I keep the drink package and gratuities?  Or do I lose them?

I think I would prefer to stay where we are rather than do Concierge without the bonus packages especially as I think my bid was probably quite high (it was a while ago and I can't remember what the minimum bid was but I bid $250/p).  

12 minutes ago, annenic said:

We have a balcony cabin booked for our cruise on Eclipse in December - it includes premium drink package and gratuities.  I have put in an offer for an upgrade to Concierge Class. So, my question is:  If I happen to win that move-up, do I keep the drink package and gratuities?  Or do I lose them?

I think I would prefer to stay where we are rather than do Concierge without the bonus packages especially as I think my bid was probably quite high (it was a while ago and I can't remember what the minimum bid was but I bid $250/p).  

You keep them.

Thanks. I did lower my bid, but not by much.  Minimum bid was $200 so I bid $210/p making it $420.  Not much cheaper really but we have never done Concierge so just keen to try it.  But very happy with cabin we have, so I won't be too disappointed if we don't get it.

Still have my fingers crossed 😁

What is it that you think is worth ‘moving up” to a concierge cabin?  

You don’t get to choose the cabin, you don’t get the extra points if that is what you are interested in and the cabin is the same size.  

The embarkation lunch isn’t anything special. 

There really isn’t much benefit for spending the extra.  

Agree with others for AQ 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

On 11/3/2022 at 5:35 PM, Bizziecruzer said:

You keep them.

You do keep the perks but, because Concierge class gratuities are $0.50pppd more than balcony gratuities, you will be automatically charged for that extra amount if you win your bid. For example, since you have gratuities as a perk, if you successfully move up with a bid of $100 pp, then your credit card would actually be charged $207 (assuming a 7-night cruise), rather than the $200 you might be expecting.  Most of the time, this difference is too small to take much notice of but it becomes a little bit more significant if you move up to The Retreat.