Extension of Covid cancellation policy

Redking

The website states that the 100% refund policy if you test positive for Covid pre departure has been extended to April 2023. On reading tge Covid policy and protocols document it only applies to US residents. Does any one know if the refund policy as described on the website applies to all bookings regardless of country of redidence:

Covid-19 Assistance

Book any Celebrity Cruise that’s sailing between now and April 30, 2023, and you’ll have the following reassurance at no extra charge:

• 100% cruise fare refund for you, and your Traveling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 10 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/nz/health-and-safety

Thank you.

• Thanks 2

That's really a difficult one to answer.    In the past different countries had different sets of rules that are consistent with their home country consumer protection laws.   I believe that is still the case or they might have put in that disclaimer.

Really wouldn't want to steer you wrong, So would suggest contacting Celebrity NZ just to confirm.

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

That's really a difficult one to answer.    In the past different countries had different sets of rules that are consistent with their home country consumer protection laws.   I believe that is still the case or they might have put in that disclaimer.

Really wouldn't want to steer you wrong, So would suggest contacting Celebrity NZ just to confirm.

Thank you Jim. Good point.

Tried calling earlier but in X world everyone is still slumbering 😉the NZ # on the website even goes through to an Azamara answering service🙄 Fortunately  I keep a full range of alternative X numbers!

2 hours ago, Redking said:

The website states that the 100% refund policy if you test positive for Covid pre departure has been extended to April 2023. On reading tge Covid policy and protocols document it only applies to US residents. Does any one know if the refund policy as described on the website applies to all bookings regardless of country of redidence:

Covid-19 Assistance

Book any Celebrity Cruise that’s sailing between now and April 30, 2023, and you’ll have the following reassurance at no extra charge:

• 100% cruise fare refund for you, and your Traveling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 10 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/nz/health-and-safety

Thank you.

I read the policy on your nz celebrity website but couldnt find where it only applied to u.s. residents.    On the Canadian celebrity site that asdistance only shows for cruises up to April 30 2022.   

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Redking said:

Thank you Jim. Good point.

Tried calling earlier but in X world everyone is still slumbering 😉the NZ # on the website even goes through to an Azamara answering service🙄 Fortunately  I keep a full range of alternative X numbers!

Really!  The NZ Celebrity number connects to Azamara.

Called using a UK number and was told the policy as of the time of my call applied to US only.  After some more discussion got a "supervisor " who thought policy would be expanded.

PS - was not connected to Azamara.  Lol.

August - the Cruise Care insurance is available to US residents except NY.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Really!  The NZ Celebrity number connects to Azamara.

Called using a UK number and was told the policy as of the time of my call applied to US only.  After some more discussion got a "supervisor " who thought policy would be expanded.

PS - was not connected to Azamara.  Lol.

August - the Cruise Care insurance is available to US residents except NY.

So we've spoken to someone at X. Our experience was similar to yours. Policy did apply to us until we pointed out the wording in the PDf. At that point it was suggested that we could take out travel insurance to cover this. Further discussion about the lack of transparency and clarity on the website resulted in us being told that the policy did apply for us because we had booked before a certain date. They couldn't provide us with anything in writing to that effect. Will be following up further up the chain next week.