OBC - Is it refundable, or not?

PATRLR

I've got the two OBCs on my account as shown.  Top one is from the shareholder perk, bottom one is from my TA.  

Notice the top one says "non-refundable" as I expect the shareholder OBC to be.  Notice the bottom one does not say refundable or non-refundable, nor does it say it when I click through the link.  

Anyone know if that is going to be refundable or not?

image.png.f2f1fba719055fd732a4a4f637580e46.png

Edited by PATRLR
typo

38 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

I've got the two OBCs on my account as shown.  Top one is from the shareholder perk, bottom one is from my TA.  

Notice the top one says "non-refundable" as I expect the shareholder OBC to be.  Notice the bottom one does not say refundable or non-refundable, nor does it say it when I click through the link.  

Anyone know if that is going to be refundable or not?

image.png.f2f1fba719055fd732a4a4f637580e46.png

Since the lower one shows as "Purchased" I believe that would be refundable as someone actually paid for it.

This is interesting news as we were told by our TA their perk for booking a cruise would be in the form of nonrefundable OBC. In fact, last week our TA accidently posted "purchased" OBC to our account (two $100 certificates and one $500 certificate) after already issuing us a rebate check for the same amount a few weeks earlier. A case of the left hand not telling the right hand what had already been done. They subsequently discovered the error and removed the "purchased" OBC today. 

We originally asked our TA to give us a rebate check instead of posting their nonrefundable OBC to our shipboard account because NCL will not accept nonrefundable OBC to pay the DSC. In addition, we discovered excess nonrefundable OBC will not transfer over to the next leg if you're on a B2B cruise. At least with refundable OBC, you can cash out at the end of the leg and post it to the next leg's account if one so chooses.

So, is "purchased" OBC always refundable, regardless of what the TA told their client, or does the TA get special (dare I say discounted) nonrefundable OBC purchase privileges so that it's a win-win for both the TA and NCL?

Edited by Ken the cruiser