Additional tipping question

mousefan73

We are about to get on the virtuoso for our first MSC cruise. We are usually Disney cruisers. As much as I love Disney they really put the pressure on to give additional in Top of Standard service fee as cash for “excellent service”

Of course I do too if I feel the service deserves it but how are they on Msc? Do they put envelopes in your state room to give to your servers and state room attendant?

Do we even get the same server every night the MDR? with Disney there a team that follows you so there is kind of a relationship built over the cruise. Thanks

Hey in most recent cruises there were no envelopes. You're very likely to get the same waiter and asst waiter in the MDR.

Not sure I'd you're US or UK. In UK gratuities are included in fare but some will choose to tip separately individual crew members. 

We tip extra for the wonderful service we have always received. The “daily service fees” on MSC are some of the lowest in the industry. I appreciate all the hard work our Room Steward puts in (still service cabins twice a day) and dining and bar staff work hard and we are always addressed by our names. The extra we give “whenever” during a cruise is always appreciated and I hope adds a little joy to their day. 

• Like 1