Pirate’s LIVE Mardi Gras Review…11/12/22-11/19/22

pirate4me2

6 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

So, with that said, when I booked this cruise I did not even consider staying at Raddisson pre-cruise like in the past. I looked around online, and settled on trying out Home2 Suites by Hilton, which I THINK is kinda close to Raddisson. The address says it is at 9004 Astronaut Blvd, so it shouldn’t be hard to find. We shall see! I didn’t see a Park & Cruise package like Raddisson has (but then again, I was not sober when I booked….I discovered Absinthe and drank ½ a bottle of it as I was researching….word to the wise, absinthe is NOT your friend if you drink that much of it) so I very well may have overlooked it on their site. Oh well, I am not heartbroken about parking at the port….I actually like parking at Port Canaveral, it is easy peasy lemon squeezy, and when I hop off the ship I can just get in the truck and start zooming home!

We noticed the decline of the Radisson even before the pandemic, so when we booked our B2B on the Mardi Gras last April, we decided to try out the Hampton Inn / Home2 Suites. It is a fairly new property, and it is closer to the port entrance than the Radisson, and on the other side of Astronaut Blvd. The hotels are set back so they are hard to see from the Blvd.

i-Cv5s5vp-X2.jpg

i-TxZTZxv-X2.jpg

We have a ton of pictures of the property starting on page 1 of our B2B Mardi Gras review, which is in my signature. We liked it so much we will be going back there in January before our Freedom cruise.

We know that there was some type of shuttle service to the pier from there, but don't know if it was affiliated with the hotels. Like you, we also prefer to park at the port. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2022 at 7:39 AM, ColeThornton said:

Bring your son, I'm sure he would enjoy a cruise.   😉

6 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

We noticed the decline of the Radisson even before the pandemic, so when we booked our B2B on the Mardi Gras last April, we decided to try out the Hampton Inn / Home2 Suites. It is a fairly new property, and it is closer to the port entrance than the Radisson, and on the other side of Astronaut Blvd. The hotels are set back so they are hard to see from the Blvd.

i-Cv5s5vp-X2.jpg

i-TxZTZxv-X2.jpg

We have a ton of pictures of the property starting on page 1 of our B2B Mardi Gras review, which is in my signature. We liked it so much we will be going back there in January before our Freedom cruise.

We know that there was some type of shuttle service to the pier from there, but don't know if it was affiliated with the hotels. Like you, we also prefer to park at the port. 

Can you post the link to your previous review. I can’t find it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

i-Cv5s5vp-X2.jpg

i-TxZTZxv-X2.jpg

Thanks for the info Jeff! Gonna go check out your review again now. 🙂 Hopefully it won't be too difficult for us to find on Friday, I have a feeling that  after driving thru Nicole we are going to want to settle in for the night without too much hassle! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Hahaha thanks! I am hoping they still have the Funderstruck burger, I do want to try that. I already know my first meal on embarkation day will be Shaq's....love me some good fried chicken! 

Ya know on my last cruise I saw people sticking a Shaqs chicken in a Guys Burger, I might just have to give that concoction a try next time HAHA!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

Thanks for the info Jeff! Gonna go check out your review again now. 🙂 Hopefully it won't be too difficult for us to find on Friday, I have a feeling that  after driving thru Nicole we are going to want to settle in for the night without too much hassle! 

Don't worry, you'll find it. It will be on the left hand side shortly after you pass the port entrance. :classic_laugh:

2 hours ago, VitaminSea23 said:

Ya know on my last cruise I saw people sticking a Shaqs chicken in a Guys Burger, I might just have to give that concoction a try next time HAHA!

Oh. My. Gosh. I can totally see my husband trying that. Or me, and blaming it on him. 😂

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Don't worry, you'll find it. It will be on the left hand side shortly after you pass the port entrance. :classic_laugh:

Ok…got it! 👍🏻

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

My favorite is the breakfast chicken biscuit. 

Oh my. Another breakfast option! I don’t know how I’ll try all the delicious food on this ship in a week! I may need to pack gym clothes. 
Nah…nevermind. I’ll just take the stairs as much as I can. That way im still packed in a carryon! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

My favorite is the breakfast chicken biscuit. 

My favorite is just the chicken - it tastes great all by itself. I usually get the chicken tenders for breakfast.  

14 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Oh. My. Gosh. I can totally see my husband trying that. Or me, and blaming it on him. 😂

Ok…got it! 👍🏻

Oh my. Another breakfast option! I don’t know how I’ll try all the delicious food on this ship in a week! I may need to pack gym clothes. 
Nah…nevermind. I’ll just take the stairs as much as I can. That way im still packed in a carryon! 

MG is a big ship; you'll get lots of exercise just walking around!  🙂

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

My favorite is just the chicken - it tastes great all by itself. I usually get the chicken tenders for breakfast.  

MG is a big ship; you'll get lots of exercise just walking around!  🙂

She does look like a big one! I’m a tad nervous, she will be our biggest ship to date. What if I get lost? 😂

12 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Can't wait to follow along!! I'm onboard the day you get off, so I'm even a little EXTRA stoked this time!! Have a blast!

Maybe I’ll stow myself away and be on your cruise too. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

What if I get lost? 😂

Sometimes I find cool stuff when I get lost lol.  But the hub app has a great ship's map feature - just type in what you are looking for and it shows you the way.  It came in so handy the first time I was on MG, didn't have to keep going to a map by the elevator.😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My pre cruise bad luck struck again. About 1:30 I had to say goodbye to my sweet old pony that I’ve had for 22 years. 😩 At least i won’t be worrying about her while I’m on vacation, but this is NOT how I wanted this adventure to begin. 
Tomorrow morning about 5 am we head out for Cape Canaveral. Tomorrow evening, at dinner at Fishlips, I will raise a toast to Savannah. 
Sorry for the depressing post. I promise to be happier onboard! 

25AC24DA-8C9A-495E-BA10-49B435364C38.jpeg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

My pre cruise bad luck struck again. About 1:30 I had to say goodbye to my sweet old pony that I’ve had for 22 years. 😩 At least i won’t be worrying about her while I’m on vacation, but this is NOT how I wanted this adventure to begin. 
Tomorrow morning about 5 am we head out for Cape Canaveral. Tomorrow evening, at dinner at Fishlips, I will raise a toast to Savannah. 
Sorry for the depressing post. I promise to be happier onboard! 

25AC24DA-8C9A-495E-BA10-49B435364C38.jpeg

so sorry!