Odyssey of the Seas Shows

GT38

43 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Don't waste you time on that show! The book is 10 times better!

To be honest, I wasn't overly taken with The Book, but of course that may have been influenced by having rubbish seats. Our seats for Spectra's were slightly better, which may be why I preferred it.

19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I thought center beneath balcony was pretty good. Comfy seats behind a half wall as I recall. Good path to bar, as well.😉

My favorite seats are front seats of Fish Bowl. Right on the glass wall. When you enter, head straight down front, its the left side, but good angle to see 90% ofvthe right side.  If you can't get front row there, views definetely obstructed to the right

Great, thanks. I'll check that area out! 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

To be honest, I wasn't overly taken with The Book, but of course that may have been influenced by having rubbish seats. Our seats for Spectra's were slightly better, which may be why I preferred it.

OK - But does not have ANYTHING special - no effects - no acrobats ....nothing!

And the awful music ....

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Can't recall that much of the Book relying on technology.  Unless you think acrobatics and aerialists qualify as technology.🤔

I found it enjoyable if you have a good seat

Didn’t do the 270 Technical Experience?

It’s a ~$35million venue that relies on technology. The robotic arms, screens and projectors which are all heavily used throughout the show. Without the technology there is little story(well seven different stories) in the show.

As for The Effectors, Two parts of Effectors are really good, two parts are comically bad(like terrible); and one average but only because of the technology as the song selection is a bit off.

Edited by wreckem2013

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I thought center beneath balcony was pretty good. Comfy seats behind a half wall as I recall. Good path to bar, as well.😉

My favorite seats are front seats of Fish Bowl. Right on the glass wall. When you enter, head straight down front, its the left side, but good angle to see 90% ofvthe right side.  If you can't get front row there, views definetely obstructed to the right

I was aiming for the one row of seats outside conference center on balcony level.  I've been looking at all kinds of  Youtubes and that looked like a great place to stake out!

4 hours ago, wreckem2013 said:

Didn’t do the 270 Technical Experience?

It’s a ~$35million venue that relies on technology. The robotic arms, screens and projectors which are all heavily used throughout the show. Without the technology there is little story(well seven different stories) in the show.

As for The Effectors, Two parts of Effectors are really good, two parts are comically bad(like terrible); and one average but only because of the technology as the song selection is a bit off.

Sure, but you said The Book relied on special effects. I really don't recall much use of the robots during the Book. Guess I wad watching acrobats, dancers, and aerialist. I sat right beneath the contortionist 👍

Didn't care for Effectors. I found the green guy funny, and I liked the laser beams. The drones were a missed opportunity 

The book is only show you can reserve. All others are walk in. I thought the performers in all shows were great! With that said, I felt the storyline of The Book wasn’t good. The beginning dragged on. Same with Effectors. Superheroes are not everyone’s taste, but the performances were great! 

• 4 weeks later...

The only show that needs reservation is the Book all others are first come first serve and the theatre is large. I will say although people complained that the book was at capacity for reservations. Not one person was checked in they all walked in so it definitely was first come first serve even for the book. The theatre for the book is the 270 theatre and has three levels but not as large as the Royal theatre of course. I just left was on the dec 11-17 trip so sad to be home 😞😜 had a blast!