EZair and child in different cabin

Pluto_fan

I'm considering whether we want to use EZair for our cruise on the Sapphire Princess next June, Whittier-Vancouver.  We have booked two cabins, one for DH and me and the other for our kids, ages 25, 23, and 15.  DH and I and our teen will be flying from DFW, while the big kids will be coming from Chicago and Pittsburgh (at their own expense I hope 🙃).  From an initial look at the Princes/EZair website, it doesn't want to let me book flights for the teen "alone".  Has anyone else encountered this issue, and is there a work-around?  I think including the teen in our cabin would require the four adults swapping cabins (DH and I are in a cabin for 2), which I'm guessing would require a cancel and re-book.  Any other options or suggestions?  Thank you!

2 hours ago, Pluto_fan said:

I'm considering whether we want to use EZair for our cruise on the Sapphire Princess next June, Whittier-Vancouver.  We have booked two cabins, one for DH and me and the other for our kids, ages 25, 23, and 15.  DH and I and our teen will be flying from DFW, while the big kids will be coming from Chicago and Pittsburgh (at their own expense I hope 🙃).  From an initial look at the Princes/EZair website, it doesn't want to let me book flights for the teen "alone".  Has anyone else encountered this issue, and is there a work-around?  I think including the teen in our cabin would require the four adults swapping cabins (DH and I are in a cabin for 2), which I'm guessing would require a cancel and re-book.  Any other options or suggestions?  Thank you!

I do not have an open booking to play with, but I do believe you can select one or both guest names when making air booking.  Even if you were to move the teen to your cabin booking for EZ-Air purposes, you already indicated the other two are coming from two different cities. 

Imagine two friends meeting up for a cruise together and sharing a cabin.  One lives in Toledo and one in Kansas City.  They are going to need different flight arrangements.  If they have changed the online interface such that you cannot do it as self-serve, then I would call in to Princess and use the phone tree selections to get to EZ-Air dept.  But I think you can.  

Thanks for your input.  The problem I'm running into is that the one person is a child.  I don't think it would be difficult to book either of the two adults coming from different places independently.

I will try calling to ask.  As as aside, since I am working with a travel agent, can I have them do that, or do people who use travel agents book EZair themselves anyway?

Seems like what you'd want to do is move you and DH to the other (3-4 person) cabin with the teen, and the 2 adults to yours. TA might be able to do that without a cancel and re-book - but even then it should just work unless you have perks you might lose.  Once on the ship you can re-arrange everybody, or just add you all to each cabin, at Guest Services  

7 hours ago, Pluto_fan said:

do people who use travel agents book EZair themselves anyway?

Your TA has access to EZair. Some people like to book their own EZair, some have TA do it. It depends on personal preference.

Edited by Shelly97060

I have a similar situation, have 3 staterooms booked with family flying out of different airports.  No problem, I was able to select each individual select the airport and book. One of grandkids, 15 years old, will be flying alone from his school to Seattle.
You can access EZAir and play around with different booking scenarios as long as you access to your second booking.

Edited by kiwimum

2 hours ago, Papa Yoda said:

Seems like what you'd want to do is move you and DH to the other (3-4 person) cabin with the teen, and the 2 adults to yours. TA might be able to do that without a cancel and re-book - but even then it should just work unless you have perks you might lose.  Once on the ship you can re-arrange everybody, or just add you all to each cabin, at Guest Services  

I have no experience with room swaps (not that kind...), but do know that an original name needs to remain in each booking.  They may need to cancel and rebook.  Not positive.