premier package

sports4fun

I booked ours with no issues.  When you got to the final payment page it told us we had the Premier package for both nights.  I have read others reporting they do charge their credit card and then once onboard they have Passenger Services refund due to the package. 

Edit to add: I do not know if final payment had anything to do with it but we had paid in full.  

Edited by durangokid
add information
  • Like 1

we are all paid in full and are within the 90 day window to book specialty restaurants. We have already spent many hours on the phone with Princess and have gotten many different answers and passed along to many different departments. They told us we have to pay and will be reimbursed. I told the guy on the phone this makes absolutely no sense at all as these specialty restaurants are included in our cruise package and you are asking us to pay more money.

8 minutes ago, extiger1 said:

Can you upgrade from Plus to Premier on embarkation day while onboard?  I am trying to develop a strategy for using my OBC.  It seems I can upgrade now but cannot use OBC and have to pay.  Very strange.

You cannot.  

18 hours ago, durangokid said:

I booked ours with no issues.  When you got to the final payment page it told us we had the Premier package for both nights.  I have read others reporting they do charge their credit card and then once onboard they have Passenger Services refund due to the package. 

Edit to add: I do not know if final payment had anything to do with it but we had paid in full.  

I was able to make my reservations on one of my sailings with the premier package.  When going to the reservations page on DMW, it showed I had a credit so never had to go to the page where it charged me.  Another cruise, it didn't show and I had to pay for the reservations and then it was credited back to me onboard.  Not sure what the difference was as neither cruise was paid in full.  

1 hour ago, extiger1 said:

Can you upgrade from Plus to Premier on embarkation day while onboard?  I am trying to develop a strategy for using my OBC.  It seems I can upgrade now but cannot use OBC and have to pay.  Very strange.

Plus and Premier are fare types even though they include onboard amenities, so your cruise fare needs to be upgraded and paid for in advance of sailing ( you cannot use onboard credits toward cruise fares).  

Jumping on here.....Just to clarify (as I have two speciality restaurants in my package).  I am not sailing until mid May.  I don't have to pay my balance until late February.  AM I only able to book my specialty dining AFTER I pay my full balance?  Thank you for your advice.

1 hour ago, MudderBear said:

Jumping on here.....Just to clarify (as I have two speciality restaurants in my package).  I am not sailing until mid May.  I don't have to pay my balance until late February.  AM I only able to book my specialty dining AFTER I pay my full balance?  Thank you for your advice.

I was able to book our 2 specialty restaurants on the Medallion app without problem. Our cruise is in April and is not paid in full. Go figure.

Hi Colorado.  Can you just confirm that you were getting the two specialty restaurants for "free" as part of your package and your credit card wasn't charged.  I actually made reservations a few months back, it hit my credit card, and I finally had to file a dispute with AmEx to get the charges dropped.

8 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

Hi Colorado.  Can you just confirm that you were getting the two specialty restaurants for "free" as part of your package and your credit card wasn't charged.  I actually made reservations a few months back, it hit my credit card, and I finally had to file a dispute with AmEx to get the charges dropped.

Yup, part of the Premier Package, wasn't charged and they are showing on my medallion app.

On 11/10/2022 at 2:09 PM, Shelly97060 said:

Plus and Premier are fare types even though they include onboard amenities, so your cruise fare needs to be upgraded and paid for in advance of sailing ( you cannot use onboard credits toward cruise fares).  

That's how they used to show Plus and Premier but I've noticed lately that the Web site shows them as options that can be retroactively added.

1 hour ago, Don9992 said:

That's how they used to show Plus and Premier but I've noticed lately that the Web site shows them as options that can be retroactively added.

While they can be retroactively added, that option disappears prior to your cruise.  That’s been my experience anyway.  

1 hour ago, Don9992 said:

Correct, Princess gives you the option to upgrade your fare to the higher fare type prior to sailing. Once you sail your fare is paid in full and you cannot upgrade your fare category onboard using OBC.